Wilco - 10/1/11 Ryman Auditorium

Pleasure to have met you...glad we could provide our extra ticket to your friend Saturday night. He was as slackjawed as we were. My 6th Wilco show, by far the most memorable one because of the venue and our pew 6 feet from the stage. Mind melting stuff. Getting into Family Wash on Friday was an unexpected bonus...I'm still processing that one..."Sentimental Lady" and the Big Star cover were perfect cappers to all the great Autumn Defense songs.

That Pat Sansone is one tasty guitar player...loved Tweedy's Rickenbacker 360...loved "Box Full of Letters" in the encore...loved how many people we met at the show who, like us, had flown in for the weekend...hated the fact that the posters were sold out before I could get one.

Finally getting to see a show at the Ryman (with Wilco and Nick Lowe, no less) was worth the hectic weekend. We have some lovely venues here in Milwaukee where I live (come see a show at the Pabst Theater some time) but the Ryman...damn...that's the difference between going to a church and going to a cathedral.

well said. Pleasure was ours. Hope we cross paths again . . .

Just got back from Music City USA…I want to reiterate how great Poor Places segued into Art of Almost. The audience was really into the entire show and the sound was incredible. It was nice to see Wilco in church. Also wanted to confirm they played the entire set list as planned.

Really enjoyed Poor Places and 36 Inches was much improved from the Merriweather debut. I think the opening my have deterred some of those ready to stand in the balcony, but I could see the floor sections were in it from the beginning. Very glad everyone was thoroughly engaged by the end!

As I mentioned in the thread for Ryman #2, I was lucky enough to pick up the Hatch print from Sunday's show. I'm looking to trade for the Saturday Ryman #1 print if anyone has one available (would even be willing to take Wilco Ryman 2006 poster if its out there). PM if you've got one available. Thanks.

I wish the people in the balcony had not spent the first hour sitting, but they eventually came around.

I think the opening my have deterred some of those ready to stand in the balcony, but I could see the floor sections were in it from the beginning.

My wife and I were in the balcony and standing from the moment the lights went down (as were several others in our section); though there must have been at least a few curmudgeons behind us -- we actually had an usher come by and ask those of us standing to sit down, or move up to the back of the section to stand! We politely declined; we're at a Wilco show, after all!

Anyway, it was truly an awesome show. This was my fifth show, and I finally got hear "War on War" in person so I was totally stoked! I didn't get to go to the second night, and I see that they played "California Stars"... that's another song I've yet to hear in person. I'm going to the show in St. Louis tonight, so hopefully I'll finally get to mark that off my list, too!

Wow. I can't describe these Ryman shows. It was incredible. I thought Atlanta was amazing, but the Ryman is great. Just great. Also, Brianne, I wished I would have known you were there! We could have finally met!!! :)

There was sort of a bummer for me during "Rising Red Lung"- we were in the balcony limited view section, couldn't see Glenn or Mikael all night. And Matthew and I had elected to stand before the show started. We even told the people directly behind us that we planned on standing. They were cool with it. There was another guy right beside them who was totally rude from the moment he sat down, and when Matt and I finally gave in and sat down during "Rising Red Lung" the asshole decided to make a comment to me about how I must have finally realized there wasn't a buffet on the stage. I was very upset. It almost ruined the whole show for me, but I wouldn't let it.

Really incredible sound. Oh my gosh "Art Of Almost" live is phenomenal.

Got to talk to almost every one of the guys that afternoon too. Jeff was really funny, When he walked up I thanked him for the dedication in ATL and he said, "I loved your sign! Wilco always loves you!" and I got to introduce him to Matt, which was really cool. John and Pat were really nice too. We talked to them about the new record for a good minute. They were both very nice about being complimented and stuff. They always are though. :)

There was sort of a bummer for me during "Rising Red Lung"- we were in the balcony limited view section, couldn't see Glenn or Mikael all night. And Matthew and I had elected to stand before the show started. We even told the people directly behind us that we planned on standing. They were cool with it. There was another guy right beside them who was totally rude from the moment he sat down, and when Matt and I finally gave in and sat down during "Rising Red Lung" the asshole decided to make a comment to me about how I must have finally realized there wasn't a buffet on the stage. I was very upset. It almost ruined the whole show for me, but I wouldn't let it.

People can be real dicks.