terroir blues: the dogtown sessions

It seems that Jay Farrar sliped one past me. I haven't seen this in a post (analogman will let me know if this is redundant), but did anyone notice the quiet release/re-release of Terroir Blues? It has new mixes, and the Space Junk and alternate versions have been removed from what appeared on the 2003 release. Has anyone listened to it? Is it a must have, or just for folks who missed out the first time round? It came out on Jan. 13th....I wouldn't have noticed but a friend called and asked if I was going to pick it up. Just wondering..... :)

http://www.jayfarrar...r=asc=

This is a thread about the Dogtown Sessions from jayfarrar.net It should give you a decent idea if purchase is worth it to you. I think the best thing about it is that, as you heard, Space Junk, et al, are gone. The remaining Dogtown version songs aren't that different but the album is better. Unlesss you want to give Jay some money, you can make your own Junk-free mix.

It's certainly an easier front-to-back listen in its new incarnation, but the songs are not a whole lot different from how they appeared on the original release. I didn't mind tossing Jay some money for it, since the record is otherwise out of print and I'd bought my CD copy of Terroir Blues used.

It's certainly an easier front-to-back listen in its new incarnation, but the songs are not a whole lot different from how they appeared on the original release. I didn't mind tossing Jay some money for it, since the record is otherwise out of print and I'd bought my CD copy of Terroir Blues used.

Other than the "used" part, this is my story. However, I, too, am a fan of the junk. Space, that is.

I boutght TB right after it came out, having been really impressed by Sebastapol.

I even bought the live cd that he did after the tour with Canyon.

I guess I am a not casual fan of Jay, but he is really an acquired taste.