Hey guys,

Soon, I'll be heading to Chicago for the first time ever (not searching for a home or to kill someone) and I was wondering if there were any sites aside from Marina Towers that I should visit for Wilco trivia. Kind of like the finding the Seinfeld locations in NYC, which I did. Aside from that, are there any other places in Chicago Wilco fans like to hang out at all?

Let's put it this way. Aside from the info that we have in the what to do in Chicago thread, (which of course is helplful); if you go to any one of the older more established and hip clubs, Wilco has played there. What else are you looking for? How much of a stalker are you? Or feel free to just go stand outside the Riviera for the day and you can experience what the Residency was like for everyone. Cold and bleak. And no one is going to tell you where the loft is anyway.

LouieB

Let's put it this way. Aside from the info that we have in the what to do in Chicago thread, (which of course is helplful); if you go to any one of the older more established and hip clubs, Wilco has played there. What else are you looking for? How much of a stalker are you? Or feel free to just go stand outside the Riviera for the day and you can experience what the Residency was like for everyone. Cold and bleak. And no one is going to tell you where the loft is anyway.

LouieB

Not my intention to be much of stalker. Jeff and the gang intended for the loft to be hidden, so I'll respect their wishes. Thanks for the link to the thread!

Jeff and the gang intended for the loft to be hidden, so I'll respect their wishes.

Well it isn't like it is in some back alley or anything. It is on a main street near an intersection. There just isn't a big sign outside that says it is the Wilco loft.

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to the Mid City Nissan dealership on Irving Park Rd, Jeff Tweedy bought a car there once

:lol

the one and only time I've been to Chicago my dad and I were looking for the hotel, and randomly turned the corner on this one street and found ourselves across from the Marina Towers. I sort of flipped out, took a picture, and we moved on. :)

:lol

the one and only time I've been to Chicago my dad and I were looking for the hotel, and randomly turned the corner on this one street and found ourselves across from the Marina Towers. I sort of flipped out, took a picture, and we moved on. :)

I spent my college summers working on the Architecture Boat Tours on the Chicago River.

We had one tour guide who never failed to mention YHF album cover each time we passed by the towers.

Lou knows where the loft is.

So? Lots of other folks do to....not much to see really.

Marina City (Towers) is easy to find. Just go to the river downtown and look. We need to take this discussion to the other thread.

Meanwhile taking a swim in the Chicago River sounds like about the worst idea ever.

LouieB