ah i lived in brighton a few years ago. Brighton Music Hall...is that the old Harper's Ferry or a new venue all together?

It's the old Harper's Ferry.

This was my introduction to The Barr Brothers, thanks to the tip from the good people at Hidden Track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boHhpY4_SEs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Are you familiar with their stuff from their days as The Slip? that is some of my favorite music ever. and some of my fondest memories are of Slip shows.

No, but will check it out. My only knowledge of The Slip is that when I went to Newbury Comics to get the Barr Brothers album after seeing the Letterman clip, they couldn't find it at first, but then found it in The Slip section.

ah, i would be happy to point out The Slip's music to you. It's quite eclectic, ranging from jazz to folk rock to experimental psychedelic rock to so-called 'indie rock.' so, depending on your music preference you may like some of it more than others. but i love most all of it.

If I were to recommend an album:

Folkier stuff: Aliveacoustic

psychedelic: Alivelectric

jazz: From the Gecko, or Does

this one is on alivelectric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBY-lrSNmtM

not great audio quality but that's youtube for ya. let me know if u want to know any more about these guys. there is much beauty!

I saw Brad Barr open for The Gene Ween Band back in '08 and thought it was one of the best solo performers I'd ever seen. I looked him up and found the Barr Brothers before they even released their album but i was absolutely hooked on the two songs they had on their website.

Jump up to Memorial 2010 when my band opened for Land of Talk who Andrew was playing drums for at the time. I asked him when the Barr Brothers record would be done and his face lit up and he handed me an unreleased copy.

Since then I've seen em about 3 times and had some good conversations with the dudes. I really love their approach to music and am expecting big things!

ah, i would be happy to point out The Slip's music to you. It's quite eclectic, ranging from jazz to folk rock to experimental psychedelic rock to so-called 'indie rock.' so, depending on your music preference you may like some of it more than others. but i love most all of it.

If I were to recommend an album:

Folkier stuff: Aliveacoustic

psychedelic: Alivelectric

jazz: From the Gecko, or Does

this one is on alivelectric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBY-lrSNmtM

not great audio quality but that's youtube for ya. let me know if u want to know any more about these guys. there is much beauty!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm on it.

Are you familiar with their stuff from their days as The Slip? that is some of my favorite music ever. and some of my fondest memories are of Slip shows.

Well, turns out that I actually saw The Slip many years ago at Great Woods. Just this morning I was telling my buddy about the Barr Brothers and said that they came out of The Slip, and he reminded me that we saw them open for someone at Great Woods. I had no idea. He remembered because the bass player looked just like another friend of ours. That I remember. And I remembered we liked the band. I had no memory that it was The Slip. My mind is a terrible thing to waste.

cool. i had a their first album in the late 90s jamband height. i recently wondered what they were up to. neat when a band reinvents itself.