Nels interview ahead of Dublin gig

"Much of Wilco's evolution is due to the addition to the band eight years ago of Nels Cline"

I would vehemently disagree with this statement, in fact I'd say it's the polar opposite.

Also he says he never played in Belfast, musta been a doppelganger I saw at the Open House Festival there a few years ago then...

Even if you dislike Nels' playing, you can't ignore the impact he's had on the band. He's such a force, especially live, that he has influenced and evolved Wilco's music tremendously.

You can say he sucks / they suck now and still agree with that statement.

Even if you dislike Nels' playing, you can't ignore the impact he's had on the band. He's such a force, especially live, that he has influenced and evolved Wilco's music tremendously.

You can say he sucks / they suck now and still agree with that statement.

He sure has had an impact on the band, especially live. I know I'm in the minority here but it does very little for me (I've said this before here). I dislike hearing Impossible Germany live and Nels' noodling section at the end so usually pop out for a toilet/bar/smoke break.