Last night I had a dream that I got to sub for Glenn Kotche

Last night I dreamt that I was the drummer at a Wilco gig. I remember being in a van and then going onstage. The whole band was out there except for me, and when I came out there was a bright spotlight on me as I walked out onto a long ramp that led to my drums.

I don't remember playing anything, but in my dream I told my wife after the show that we didn't play anything from YHF or AGIB. I guess even in my sleep, I was able to accept the limitations of my playing abilities.

I think I knew I was dreaming, but I still thought it was real, because I remember being excited to wake up so I could come onto this site and look at the "after the show" thread and read some reviews.

Maybe I should check the after the show reviews just in case.

Oh, I wish my dreams were that vivid, or I had such recall anyway. Once or twice a year I can remember a dream to that degree, but they're never this good.

I rarely have dreams that I can remember in such detail, and have such lengthy storylines. Usually, my dreams are of the "i'm falling through the air" or "uh oh, I forgot to put on pants today" variety. So this one was quite pleasant, althought it was a bummer to wake up and realize it was only a dream.

There was a "Wilco dreams" thread on here a year or so ago... but the other night I had one, too. I dreamt that the Wilco guys were on a game show and I was also a contestant. That's all I remember... maybe it was sparked by Richard Dawson's death. Not to mention being saturated in all things Wilco a lot of the time. I usually wake up in the night with Wilco songs in my head, too...