Does Donald Fagen New Frontier hold a special place in anyone elses heart?

I'm older than you, so I can't say this holds a special place in y heart; however, it is a really, really well played, well composed tune. I always thought Donald was more comfortable in that lounge lizard mode than he was in the rock god vein.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this disc. Brubeck was the soundtrack of my childhood (and Getz and Mulligan, my dad's heroes). Funny thing is my first kiss was in a bomb shelter; not the most romantic of places but intimate indeed.

Brubeck just passed away, a day shy of his 92nd birthday. That's what you call living to a ripe old age (though I suppose I wouldn't think that if I were in my 90s).

Brubeck just passed away, a day shy of his 92nd birthday. That's what you call living to a ripe old age (though I suppose I wouldn't think that if I were in my 90s).

I just a moment ago saw this announced.  Everyone cue up Blue Rondo a la Turk and swing in his honor.

I had long wanted to hear The Nightfly after seeing it on the best recorded albums in Mix magazine some time ago.

I finally bought it on CD last year.

Is there not a lot of bass on the recording, or was my CD version poorly mastered? It was a cheap one, so it may be the version released in 1990 that I see on Amazon.

In my car stereo that is way too bass-y, you still can barely make out bass lines in the album. There is no low end.