Low's new album produced by Jeff

Speaking of albums produced by Jeff, anyone heard about that Chicago jazz/hip-hop band Kids These Days? Anything about when that album is gonna drop? Saw them opening for Raphael Saadiq a year or so ago and they were great.

was a little surprised this is circulating as news today, since the AV Club announced it back in September:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/lows-new-record-will-be-produced-by-jeff-tweedy-al,85219/

Yeah, I thought I had read that a while ago.  Although, I think there is a brief "trailer" for the album out now, too.  Maybe that's why.

Speaking of albums produced by Jeff, anyone heard about that Chicago jazz/hip-hop band Kids These Days? Anything about when that album is gonna drop? Saw them opening for Raphael Saadiq a year or so ago and they were great.

Their album is (or was two weeks ago) available for free download

here: http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/kids-these-days-traphouse-rock

Edited by i'm only sleeping
  • 3 months later...

I think it is outstanding.  i have no point of reference because I have never heard anything by Low previously.

Low is outstanding.  Period.

You should seek out more of their stuff.  My favorite three albums of theirs (in my order of preference):

The Great Destroyer (2005)

C'mon (2011)

Things We Lost in the Fire (2001)

They also have a great Christmas EP.

You should seek out more of their stuff.  My favorite three albums of theirs (in my order of preference):

C'mon (2011)

thank you.  will check these out.

C'mon (2011)

Great recommendations, bleedorange.

• 2 months later...

how so?  too slow?

The band seemed neutered. There was no edge. Even Low's past slow stuff has some suspense to go along with evocative imagery in the lyrics. That's all missing here for me. It's a boring album that goes limply from song to song.