Some of his runs look like they belong in A FAMILY CIRCLE cartoon.

Loved watching him this year. Had a feeling he could have a very special season after the 59-57 win over La. Tech, but I wasn't expecting him to upset Bama. He had a great season, and I think with an entire off-season to tweak the offense specifically to his abilities, he could be even better next year. A&M will be a pre-season Top 5 for sure.

--Mike

Curious how long he's going to stay in college and how well his game will translate to the NFL. We've seen some dynamic, athletic QBs fizzle in the NFL, while others seem to get even better (RG3 being the most recent example).

Caught an interview with this kid (literally - just turned 20!) over the weekend and he seems to be level-headed and humble. Good for him.

Instead of Johnny Football, should it be Johnny FakeID or Johnny Misdemeanors?

I don't think his off-the-field incident was all that bad, but if he played for Pitt I'd feel the same way.

I had very high hopes and perhaps (if gambling were legal) a bit of wager for Geno Smith's Heisman campaign. But he was anchored down by a non-existent defense and two games were he just find 't show up.

Pretty fun college football season all around. Would have liked it more if UGA had better clock management, and Oregon had a kicker who could kick straight.

Instead of Johnny Football, should it be Johnny FakeID or Johnny Misdemeanors?

I know you're from Texas, and I assume you are a bit younger than me.

However, I bet you can go to almost ANY undergraduate teenager on the UT, TT, BU, TCU, SMU, TAMU etc campus and find shitloads of kids with fake IDs. (Plus, after all the rampant lawbreaking a couple of years ago on the TU football team, I might watch those rocks you're throwing.)

Don't choke on your sour grapes t-sip :badger  

I wasn't choking on anything.  It makes no difference to me who wins the Heisman.

Of course, most kids with fake IDs only use them to get into bars to drink.  It truly takes an Aggie to hand one to a cop.

And why was he shirtless in his mug shot?

:lol

I'm guessing he took his shirt off.

OK, I just wrote a fairly lengthy diatribe about Mr. Manziel and the entire Heisman Trophy "event" this year, then deleted it, because I'd rather not get into it with the folks who are on the Manziel train right now. Kid had a great game at the right time, and the expectations for the seasons to follow will be HUGE. We'll see if he rises to the occasion.

OK, I just wrote a fairly lengthy diatribe about Mr. Manziel and the entire Heisman Trophy "event" this year, then deleted it, because I'd rather not get into it with the folks who are on the Manziel train right now. Kid had a great game at the right time, and the expectations for the seasons to follow will be HUGE. We'll see if he rises to the occasion.

Thanks for sparing us...

"Great game at the right time".

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/517475/johnny-manziel

Third leading rusher in the SEC

Third leading passer in the SEC

Manziel broke Cam Newton's SEC record for total yards

The first player in SEC history to have two 500+ total offense games in one season.

And all this as a 19-year old, redshirt Freshman.

"Great game at the right time".

So dismissive of a once in a generation season.

He did put up some impressive numbers, some of them against challenging opponents. But the win over Alabama really jettisoned him into the spotlight. It was a great game at the right time (late in the season) that propelled him ahead when Heisman talk kicked into full gear. It was a stellar performance at a time that truly mattered. I do think it was pretty arrogant of A&M to have him kick an extra point attempt. What's more arrogant are the "Call him Johnny Heisman" billboards they put up in the territory of the other schools whose Heisman candidates didn't win.

He did put up some impressive numbers, some of them against challenging opponents. But the win over Alabama really jettisoned him into the spotlight. It was a great game at the right time (late in the season) that propelled him ahead when Heisman talk kicked into full gear. It was a stellar performance at a time that truly mattered. I do think it was pretty arrogant of A&M to have him kick an extra point attempt. What's more arrogant are the "Call him Johnny Heisman" billboards they put up in the territory of the other schools whose Heisman candidates didn't win.

You can call it arrogant.  You can call it classless.  Around here it's simply Aggies being Aggies.  The result of a very insular culture.

You can call it arrogant.  You can call it classless.  Around here it's simply Aggies being Aggies.  The result of a very insular culture.

Love the t-sips

• 4 weeks later...

How ya like him now?

Johnny-Manziel.jpg