The movie came out last year - out on DVD on 8/6/13.

I usually re-read the book every 10 years or so. I tried getting through the scroll edition a few years back, but put it down for some reason.

I did see the original scroll when it passed through Chicago a few years back - it was cool to see.

I did see the original scroll when it passed through Chicago a few years back - it was cool to see.

I planned on seeing that one beautiful early Fall day in 2001 but events conspired against me.

That book, along with Timothy Leary's autobio, fundamentally altered my life in the fall of 1990. What an obnoxious ass I must have seemed to my parents and grown ups in general.

That book, along with Timothy Leary's autobio, fundamentally altered my life in the fall of 1990. What an obnoxious ass I must have seemed to my parents and grown ups in general.

Its called growing up.

The movie came out last year - out on DVD on 8/6/13.

I usually re-read the book every 10 years or so. I tried getting through the scroll edition a few years back, but put it down for some reason.

I also saw the scroll in Chicago.  That was crazy cool.  The text of the scroll is definitely worth reading. 

I also recently downloaded an audio version of the book, and while I was unhappy with how the reader read the very end, I thoroughly enjoyed that too.  There is something amazing about this book that does stand up to repeated readings/listenings.  I have not yet seen the movie, but plan to some day.  It sure didn't get very good reviews though.

LouieB

I guess I'm a tumblin tumbleweed......

See them tumbling down

Pledging their love to the ground

Lonely but free I'll be found

Drifting along with a tumbling tumbleweed

I'm a rovin' cowboy ridin' all day long

Tumbleweeds around me sing their lonely song

Nights underneath the prairie moon

I'll ride along and sing a tune

See then tumbling down

Pledging their love to the ground

Lonely but free I'll be found

Drifting along with a tumbling tumbleweed

Well I didn't abandon any message boards. I had SOME moral compass.

TOUCHE'!!!