I'm really digging it, definitely one of my favorites of 2013. He pretty much had me by the opening track when he sings: The only words I’ve said today are "beer" and "thank you."

I'm really digging it, definitely one of my favorites of 2013. He pretty much had me by the opening track when he sings: The only words I’ve said today are "beer" and "thank you."

Couldnt agree more.  Then he repeats it 3-4 times as if he keeps ordering.  He's one of a kind.  I cant get past the first song to really listen to the rest of the album closely because that opening track is so stunning.

Couldnt agree more.  Then he repeats it 3-4 times as if he keeps ordering.  He's one of a kind.  I cant get past the first song to really listen to the rest of the album closely because that opening track is so stunning.

Try to make it to the third track "Small Plane" next listen :-). He's smart to keep it to 8 tracks, consequently there isn't a minor one in the bunch.

Desperately trying to make it through a day while only saying "beer" and "thank you."  So far, no luck.

Hahaha. Like you I had to listen to the opening track over and over again before I jumped to the rest of the record. Thankfully, it's just as good. This and the new Califone have been in constant rotation for me this fall. 

--Mike