Does Emily Mortimer's character suffer from Avian Bone Syndrome in this?

The show would be much more fun if she did!

And since I'm not only bothered by the depiction of the women in this thing... How realistic is it that every story that comes up, either someone on staff has a personal relationship with someone who can serve as a source, or will refuse to be a source because of the personal relationship, or else the story is just dropped in the producers' laps?  (Occupy Wall Street lady just happens to tip them off about someone who can serve as a source on a story that she doesn't even know they're working on; Maggie's roommate knew Casey Anthony; Maggie dated a guy in college who refuses to appear on the show after she's the one assigned to do the pre-interview; Don just happens to play tennis with a guy who can either confirm an ugly quote, or trade coverage of that quote for an early break on the Petraeus scandal...)  Is this really how journalism works?  I'm willing to accept an occasional lucky break or interesting coincidence for dramatic effect, but this happens far too often on this show.

The show would be much more fun if she did!

And since I'm not only bothered by the depiction of the women in this thing... How realistic is it that every story that comes up, either someone on staff has a personal relationship with someone who can serve as a source, or will refuse to be a source because of the personal relationship, or else the story is just dropped in the producers' laps?  (Occupy Wall Street lady just happens to tip them off about someone who can serve as a source on a story that she doesn't even know they're working on; Maggie's roommate knew Casey Anthony; Maggie dated a guy in college who refuses to appear on the show after she's the one assigned to do the pre-interview; Don just happens to play tennis with a guy who can either confirm an ugly quote, or trade coverage of that quote for an early break on the Petraeus scandal...)  Is this really how journalism works?  I'm willing to accept an occasional lucky break or interesting coincidence for dramatic effect, but this happens far too often on this show.

or maybe the stories that have personal connections to the members of the ACN staff are written about on the show.

I'd rather see a show about journalism, with the backdrop of the personal relationships of the characters to each other.  Every time this happens, I've started to question it, and it takes me out of any connection to the story.  Even if they're just showing the stories that have these personal connections with the staff, would those connections really come up all that often?

I gave up on Homeland six or seven episodes into the first season. Still genuinely confounds me how much people seem to enjoy it.  

not every show can write men the way you want.  all pimpin' and what not.

I gave up on Homeland six or seven episodes into the first season. Still genuinely confounds me how much people seem to enjoy it.  

We gave up on it too after episode 7, which was the one (I think) where he shot the deer in his backyard. That was laugh out loud ridiculous. That actress who played his wife was super duper hot.

Homeland is a lot like 24 in that if they had just kept it to one season (with Brody going through with it) it would have been brilliant, historical TV.

Season 2 was a bit of a letdown, but still pretty good IMO... but I'm not enthusiastic about how they set up s3. I'll watch, but I'm not expecting it to be great.

Yep and you get to see her mammies in season 2.  

This made me think of Al Jolson singing 'My Mammy'. When I Googled imaged it to post a pic as a response, I lost my nerve.