Childlike and Evergreen

That Maxwells gig is really interesting. It was late 1995 and they played several early versions of tunes from Being There, before it was released and its subsequent monster tour. Misunderstood isn't quite finished, and the "god-shaped hole" lyric actually appears in "Kingpin" at that set. Other early Wilco gems appear too, including "Don't You Honey Me" and "Reincarnation." It's a semi-acoustic set and has a really strong country vibe to it. Funny to think that when they hit the road the following year they'd be an entirely different unit.

I have not heard this show before, it's amazing.

Thanks!

This is an excellent show that I haven't heard either. 

Listened and downloaded from Owl and Bear Archives. Nice stuff. 

Glad you guys are enjoying it. There's a very casual feel to the whole thing, the way Jeff talks to the audience and the other band members. It's one of my favorites. 

Quick aside, So out of Tune is the greatest. Have been able to revisit a lot of great shows quickly and easily that way. 

Agreed 100%. That fella does great work. The site is really good. Really appreciate his efforts.