Wamplers good stuff, but I've already filled the voids that he could fill. Really like about all his pedals I've heard. For me Catalinbread offer fierce, almost direct competition for the stuff I'd want from his line. I dig the RAH and DLS mk3 for amp model-y type OD's.

Velvet Fuzz is high on the list of future aquisitions, though. Might be the be all end all fuzz for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

extremely happy with the Euphoria

When I first plugged it in, I was not a happy camper.  Took awhile to dial in the right tones, it's a sensitive pedal.  But after tweaking it for awhile I'm sold.  

This is an overdrive that definitely gets distortion as well.  the gain know goes from a true bypass/clean boost to pretty distorted.  Fat knob doesn't just add low end tone, it also muddies the signal.  I've got it at about 9 o'clock.

By wednesday of this week this little fella should arrive, very excited:

71DdWkRSJwL._SL1500_.jpg

PlimSoul.jpg

I just got one of these.  Jesus Christ, there are some incredible sounds in this box.

Since I already have a Fulltone Full drive, would this pedal add any value for me?  Trying to decide what to get with my gift certificate.  I have never used compression so was kicking that idea around as well.

Since I already have a Fulltone Full drive, would this pedal add any value for me?  Trying to decide what to get with my gift certificate.  I have never used compression so was kicking that idea around as well.

I'm not familiar with the Fulldrive.  Is is safe to say that's an overdrive pedal?    The Plimsoul is basically an overdrive and distortion in one pedal, and it excels at both (and everything in-between).  

I'd like to see a good Plimsoul/OCD shoot out

I think there are a couple on Youtibe, but I haven't watched them.   I think the general consensus is that the Plimsoul does everything the OCD does, but more.

extremely happy with the Euphoria

When I first plugged it in, I was not a happy camper.  Took awhile to dial in the right tones, it's a sensitive pedal.  But after tweaking it for awhile I'm sold.  

This is an overdrive that definitely gets distortion as well.  the gain know goes from a true bypass/clean boost to pretty distorted.  Fat knob doesn't just add low end tone, it also muddies the signal.  I've got it at about 9 o'clock.

By wednesday of this week this little fella should arrive, very excited:

71DdWkRSJwL._SL1500_.jpg

Did this show up? Love to hear your thoughts. What family of fuzz is it? Been looking for either a fuzz that covers alot of ground or a good Muff. I have my Fuzzface and Bender tones covered, but the dirt section may be getting a little out of control.

Just got it Thursday and still tweaking it. The last 6 months I've been on a fuzz hunt. I have the Fuzz Factory, but took it off the board bc of lack of tone shaping. Had the Swollen Pickle but couldn't ever dial in what I wanted (and honestly, for me, that pedal has too many options when you start dialing the internal trims)

I LOVE the chunky cheese I have (big cheese clone). I probably should buy an extra as a back up. With 40000 fuzzes out there it is a hit and miss venture.

So far I am loving the Scarab. Not the most versatile fuzz I have played, but it has some great tones

• 2 weeks later...

going to be running all of these on the board soon, which is kind of ridiculous:

Fuck Overdrive-->Scarab Deluxe-->Chunky Cheese (Big Cheese clone)-->Joyo Ultimate Drive-->Crowther Hotcake-->Wampler Euphoria.

I will definitely be removing one or 2 of these at some point, but they all sound so damn amazing, and I'm setting each for a different dirt setting.

The fuck overdrive won't arrive for a couple weeks, but I'm really excited about it.  

video:

Did this show up? Love to hear your thoughts. What family of fuzz is it? Been looking for either a fuzz that covers alot of ground or a good Muff. I have my Fuzzface and Bender tones covered, but the dirt section may be getting a little out of control.

forget to mention in my original response:  the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe is in the tonebender family of fuzzes.

Cool stuff.

That FUCK is nasty. Sounds like some borderline ring mod sounds.

My Brit Bender is my fuzz that tends to get the sputter going on, but that one above is a whole different level.

My board has gotten ridiculous with the dirt too, but it's nice to have options. I'm running a Brit Bender, Skreddy Lunar Module clone, OCD, Klon clon, C'bread RAH and Dirty Little Secret mk3 and soon the Iron Bell.

I'm thinking of dumping the DLS mk3 soon, b/c I plan on raising funds for a couple doses of Dr Z goodness. Some gear and records are gonna need to hit the road.

all the gear boards are a-flutter about the EHX Soul Food.  Have you seen this thing?  $62 Klon clone with an adapter.

LINK

Definitely heard about it, but haven't checked any demoes yet. Definitely check it out at some point. Not sure how close mine is to an actual Klon, but it sounds sweet. If any of the copy cats come close, they're all great sounding pedal in my book, Klon included.

There's also been a ton of buzz for a fresh run of Klon KTR's ready to hit the shelves. Definitely be a good investment, if one was the flippin type.

I'm interested in checking out the EHX Satisfaction pedal—their Maestro FZ-1A clone—when that hits stores:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD6BzUqqrsQ&list=PL0nQqFcfq-6BLld7HVLLS51mUB1ez1Q4T

Got my Iron Bell last saturday.Pro Guitar Shop is so badass. Ordered wednesday morning and made it from Portland to IL on Saturday.

The pedal sounds great. Alot more manageable than my EH Muff, which always seemed full on. Iron Bell is clearly Muff-y, but can be every bit as saturated and sustain-y, without being so in your face. Seems alot more flexible with the Colour knob. 

Probably keep all the dirt on my board til I can add some more modulation based stuff. Want a good tremolo pedal and a pedal or two that's kinda out there.

Next on the list is unload some gear to fund an amp purchase.

Glad to hear it!

I added a Crowther Hotcake to the board this week. Took me by surprise at first. Darker overtones. Will be getting a f*ck overdrive in about 2 weeks. You seen those? Crazy. B

ok.  no more pedals for awhile (the f*ck overdrive is being made).  I never should have visited the gear page forum.  those people know of too many good toys.

here's what I'm going with for jams for the indefinite future:

Pedalboard20140203.jpg

basic audio scarab deluxe fuzz --> boss TU-3 tuner --> digitech synth wah --> boss OC-3 super octave --> wampler ego compressor --> chunky cheese (lovetone big cheese clone) fuzz --> crowther hotcake --> MXR Phase 90 (script setting) --> fulltone deja vibe --> joyo ultimate drive (OCD clone) --> wampler euphoria OD --> MXR analog chorus --> boss TR-2 tremolo --> MXR carbon copy analog delay --> TC electronics flashback delay --> hardwire RV-7 reverb --> MXR micro amp boost

• 3 weeks later...

After I had a board I was reasonably happy with, I stopped going to the gear page for a long time.  The GAS stopped.  Eventually, I got sick of lugging the whole board to rehearsal (i walk there), so put a fuzz, od, and tuner in the gig bag, and that was that.  stopped worrying so much about my feet; more about my hands.  my playing improved.  had a couple of great gigs that way. 

then, a couple of weeks ago, i started going back to the gear page again.  gas came back. pedal board came out again.  first rehearsal with it back yesrday. And....it was a crap rehearsal.

Ha!

The couple of times before last practice I was definitely too focused on tone and gadgets.

Now that I've gotten everything tweaked and set, I hardly notice what my feet are doing. I agree that effects can certainly get in the way.

But I've worked pretty hard on getting the sounds I wanted in my head through assembling these pedals, rather than trying out pedals for sounds, if that makes sense.

I freaking love this pedal board now.

in my own defence, the board was thrown together at the last minute, using a 2nd od borrowed from the bassist (fulltone robin Trower, didn't like it). which i had to do because the other guitarist, who had previously been very much a stright into the amp purist, started using my FD2 (because I wasn't).  and now he's sold on it, it'll be hard to get back.

the main questions now are: "how much does the phase add in those 2 or 3 songs where i use it?" and "do i really need slapback on the country stuff?"

I managed to swap the Trower for the FD2 today, left the phase at home, tried some trem.  I've decided the Swollen Pickle is not for me.  Also, the slapback sounds fine on it's own, but muddies up the band arrangement a bit...that might get left home next tome too.  And the ehearsal was much better than the last one.  maybe it wasn't the pedals after all.

stopped worrying so much about my feet; more about my hands.  my playing improved.  had a couple of great gigs that way. 

Oh so very important. It's amazing how many sounds can be gleaned from a very simple setup. I find just varying pick attack, or using fingers instead, or something as simple as adjusting guitar volume can drastically change the sound and tone.

I have a moderate amount of effects in my collection, but generally use no more than 3-4 at any given time. I like the fingers, guitar and amp to have the strongest impact on my sound. I really should sell a few of the effects I have that I never use. I'm like a horder when it comes to them though, always thinking maybe one day I'll need this one or that one for some recording purpose.