Glenn video: Art of Almost

I keep meaning to sit down and woodshed this beat until I can do it, but somehow the 3-4 hours it might require never come up.  The strength of Glenn is that that beat is incredibly busy but it doesn't sound like it in context.  If he was playing it with a tiny fraction less skill it would make the song sound pretentiously technical, but instead he grooves that shit.

Some of my favorite recordings to really hear what Glenn can do behind the kit are the live shows from 2001 when Wilco briefly toured as a quartet -- Jeff, John, Leroy and Glenn. The songs are really stripped-down, and there's definitely a hole in the sound without Bennett on guitar or keys. Glenn fills out the sound really well with his drumming and other percussive touches. And of course, Jeff's electric guitar playing in those shows are great too. Messy and raw, yet beautiful.

Guest Don Draper

This is fantastic. I love watching him. I've seen him live twice and I would trample women and children to see him live again. I'm excited about the new disc.