Ticketmaster those jerks!

Went to buy a ticket to see Beck in NYC today. The only option now that doesn't cost to ship is print at home. Now cost $4.50 to mail tickets via standard mail. I guess my $10 service charge and $5 process and handling fee doesn't cover it anymore :blink  I like having a physical ticket it is beyond redic I got to use my own paper and ink. Can't even do will-call at this venue.

Yeah, they really are the worst. I feel your pain.

I am in the habit of keeping my ticket stub and writing the set list on it, ever since my Deadhead days. Kind of sucks writing it on a big ol' 8 & 1/2" x 11" paper, but I still do it.

Well it is easier to fit a setlist on a larger piece of paper if we are going to look at the brightside :stunned

Well it is easier to fit a setlist on a larger piece of paper if we are going to look at the brightside :stunned

Yeah, but you can't just slide it into your wallet. So by the end of the evening it looks a little, uh, lived in: folded up, wrinkled, etc.

Oddly enough, I just recently bought tickets through them (well, their site transferred me to LiveNation, but whatever), and they didn't even have the print-at-home option. I much prefer a physical ticket, like you do, so I wasn't really bothered by the $3.50 they charged to mail them to me. Surprised it wasn't higher. I guess their pricing and ticket options vary widely, but they get you coming and going for sure. Hence the nickname, TicketBastard.

Last week I used their mobile app to buy tickets for the second Phish show in Philadelphia. I pulled up great seats, then got an error when I was checking out, and it appeared I'd lost them. I ended up buying lawn tickets just to have something. Then an hour later, I got a confirmation that my first order had in fact gone through. The problem was there's a 4 ticket limit for the show and I now had 6 tickets. I called them, worried they were going to cancel both orders and we'd lose our great seats. They said there wasn't anything they could do right away but that they'd make a note on my account that I had only made the second order because I thought the first didn't go through.

I just got an email saying they canceled the order for the lawn seats and that I'll have my refund in 72 hours. I still hate Ticketmaster, but I have to give them credit for good customer service this time. 

No more no-cost mailing of hard tickets??!?!?   The was the ONE last remaining practice that could possibly mitigate their suckness.   I found myself saying more than once, "At least they'll mail you your tickets at no extra charge."    Wow. End of an era...   I think I'll just stay home.

I take back that vaguely nice thing I said about Ticketmaster the other day. They cancelled my order for the lawn seats and refunded my credit card, but now they won't let me have my original set of tickets because they're still reviewing the matter. What matter? I now only have three tickets and am not over the ticket limit! I sent an email but have a feeling I'm going to have to make an angry phone call (or more) to get my damn tickets. 

I think Ticketmaster and LiveNation (aren't they the same company now?) still have the free standard mail option, at least they did for two shows I just got tickets for this month, but it is buried.  On the first page they give you the print at home option and call that "preferred" (preferred by them, not by me) but there is a small link for more delivery options.  If you click on that, you can pay a lot to have them sent to you by Fed Ex or whatever, but at the very bottom is the option for free standard mail delivery.  I've never had an issue using standard mail.  Just gotta be careful not to toss the envelope by mistake, because it looks like junk mail, very plain.

I always want hard tickets.  If you have to sell them, its easier.  Its very easy to print up counterfeit print-at-home tickets, not so easy to counterfeit hard tickets.  I rarely buy tickets from someone else, but if I am buying them from a stranger, I would never buy print-at-home tix.  I also like having the ticket stubs, I have boxes of them.  Every once in awhile I take a look and there are always shows I've seen that I haven't thought about in years.  The low prices from the 80s are shocking, too. 

I think Ticketmaster and LiveNation (aren't they the same company now?) still have the free standard mail option, at least they did for two shows I just got tickets for this month, but it is buried.  On the first page they give you the print at home option and call that "preferred" (preferred by them, not by me) but there is a small link for more delivery options.  If you click on that, you can pay a lot to have them sent to you by Fed Ex or whatever, but at the very bottom is the option for free standard mail delivery.  I've never had an issue using standard mail.  Just gotta be careful not to toss the envelope by mistake, because it looks like junk mail, very plain.

It probably depends on the show. The one I was referencing, the standard mail option was $3.50, and there was no print at home option.

Standard Mail - US $3.50

Your tickets will be mailed to your billing address within 10 to 14 days of your purchase.

Kinda surprising they didn't do this a long time ago.  Given their history, why would they forego a chance to further exploit their customers with another baseless and exhorbitant fee?  I predict soon the free standard mailing will disappear for all shows.