Favorite Albums You Can't Listen To Anymore

Animals is a perfect album.  Love Dogs!  Wish You Were Here is another, although, I could do without Welcome to the Machine.  Those two albums are ones I never got sick of.  Listen to them all the time, still.

Yeah, Welcome to the Machine is one of their least durable tunes. So overwrought and corny.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a while, I had a hard time listening to Summerteeth any more. I just listened to it so much that I burnt out on it.

It's been a while though.

I should put it back on again sometime soon.

For a while, I had a hard time listening to Summerteeth any more. I just listened to it so much that I burnt out on it.

It's been a while though.

I should put it back on again sometime soon.

I had that same problem until I got it on vinyl.  It was like rediscovering it all over again.  

I've become somewhat burn out on the entire concept of listening to an album straight through. I do most of my listening in the car during my daily commutes and decided to change up how I listen to music to keep things fresh. So I switched from rotating CDs (read: full albums, not mixes) through the six-disc changer and dusted off my little old 4GB iPod Nano. I just turn on the shuffle function and let it play from there, then I'll reload the device with different tunes each time I finish a full run-through of all the songs. In the last run, I probably skipped about 90% of the Wilco songs I had on there -- except for the Summerteeth tracks, and that was She's a Jar, I'm Always in Love, Pieholden Suite, Nothingseverygonnastandinmywayagain and Summerteeth.

I've become somewhat burn out on the entire concept of listening to an album straight through.  I dusted off my little old 4GB iPod Nano. I just turn on the shuffle function and let it play from there..

Yep, iTunes has definitely changed the way I listen to music. At work, I'm on an iMac all day, so I continually work my shuffle function manually to make it like a radio station. I am making an effort to not play anything by the same artist for at least six or seven hours. Right now, I'm going back and listening to stuff I haven't heard since January or before.

In the car, I usually play the iPod, which I am constantly updating with "new" stuff in a specific playlist. Working my way through live Roger Waters, some Dead, Badfinger....all sorts of stuff. If I get burned out on a live show I'm working through (or if my lady is going to be in the car and I need to avoid torturing her), I switch to something relatively mainstream. It's like a part-time job at this point, but I sure have a lot of variety in my listening.

Yep, iTunes has definitely changed the way I listen to music. At work, I'm on an iMac all day, so I continually work my shuffle function manually to make it like a radio station. I am making an effort to not play anything by the same artist for at least six or seven hours. Right now, I'm going back and listening to stuff I haven't heard since January or before.

In the car, I usually play the iPod, which I am constantly updating with "new" stuff in a specific playlist. Working my way through live Roger Waters, some Dead, Badfinger....all sorts of stuff. If I get burned out on a live show I'm working through (or if my lady is going to be in the car and I need to avoid torturing her), I switch to something relatively mainstream. It's like a part-time job at this point, but I sure have a lot of variety in my listening.

I can relate to so much of this, particularly changing the tunes if my wife is going to be in the car. I was just reloading the iPod last night and my wife pops in and says, "gosh, you're obsessed," to which I replied, "there are some songs on here for you, too."  :lol

Speaking of live Roger Waters -- I should load the "Live in Chile" set from 3-14-07 I have on there. Great stuff, pulling from early Floyd, Wish You Were Here and The Wall and closing out with Dark Side in its entirety.

Technology has changed how I listen, as well. However, I am a little different. At home, I listen primarily (say 75%) to vinyl. Therefore, full albums all the way thru. The other 25% is Spoitfy when I want to check out a new artist/record before buying (the digital test drive).

On the road, I listen mostly to XM/Sirius and occasionally Pandora. I am not sure why, but I still like the 'radio' experience when driving. Not knowing the next song, discovering new music, DJ chatter, etc.