Favorite Albums You Can't Listen To Anymore

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you heard Wilco's rendition of "The Boys are Back in Town" from last year's Solid Sound, right? I think they did a great version of that, and it was the perfect opener to that show.s.

That was one of the great moments in my rock n roll life. Every thing about that opener was perfect. Still makes me laugh out loud every time I listen to it.

My favorite part of that video is the guitar solo and the singer even seeming to wince at it.

I still love the wall when I hear it although I don't regularly bust it out. 

There are certainly songs I skip on many classic albums.  I don't care to hear D'yer Mak'er or Foxey Lady generally but there are songs on those albums I never get tired of hearing.

I can't listen to any of my old Bay City Rollers albums anymore. Man, what was I thinking? Plus, I don't have the albums anymore. 

Also, agree with any Pink Floyd or Doors. Don't own any LZ discs but would listen to them if i did. Seeing Dumpstaphunk covering Zeppelin last month renewed an interest in them.

My favorite part of that video is the guitar solo and the singer even seeming to wince at it.

I think you should give the contrived vocal echoes their due.

I still like Classic Floyd, but I have never really listened to the wall. To me it's full of filler and I always cut it down to a dozen or so tracks that I waned to hear. I never really needed the whole story after the first few listens. Maybe this belongs in the blasphemy thread.

it still holds up pretty well for me.

I don't know if that it doesn't hold up, artistically, or that I just listened to it so damn much that I burned out on it. I'm leaning toward the latter.

I'll take Animals or Meddle over The Wall.

I would agree. To me Animals is one of the few perfect albums that exist. Would not change a thing about it. Might be my favorite album ever.

Dogs to me is a song that is long but does not feel long. St I'll maybe my favorite Floyd album. Probably because I was coming into my own when I first heard it and have quite a few memories surrounding it.

when i saw Roger play it here about 12 years ago, most of the band sat around a table and were playing cards during the instrumentals... maybe that says something!. give more parts of Pigs on the wing!

Know what did it for me? These guys:

This is tremendous. I thought it was going to be fairly bad but I wasn't ready for this.

"Hello...ello...ello...lo...lo...."

The Wall does not hold for me either, but I still often listen to Meddle and Animals (I love the length of Dogs; wish it was longer)

Animals is a perfect album.  Love Dogs!  Wish You Were Here is another, although, I could do without Welcome to the Machine.  Those two albums are ones I never got sick of.  Listen to them all the time, still.

Wish You Were Here is another, although, I could do without Welcome to the Machine.  Those two albums are ones I never got sick of.  Listen to them all the time, still.

You maniacs probably already know it, but I love the story about how the intro to Shine On You Crazy Diamond came about. Gilmour was practicing, and he played those iconic four notes. Waters came into the room and said something like, "What was that? Play that again." Thus was born the beginning of the song we all know and love.

You maniacs probably already know it, but I love the story about how the intro to Shine On You Crazy Diamond came about. Gilmour was practicing, and he played those iconic four notes. Waters came into the room and said something like, "What was that? Play that again." Thus was born the beginning of the song we all know and love.

It's always the most simple riffs that end up having the biggest impact.