Sometimes Life Stops Sucking!

That must be some sort of record. I think I would have moved out of the neighborhood after the second one.

They were stolen in several different neighborhoods. 

LouieB

Proving once more how strong VC vibeage is, CAR IS HOME!!!!!  :banana  :badger  :bounce8  :bee  :beer   :rock  :dance  :D  :cheers

Found ditched in an alley only 5 minutes from home, safe and sound and completely intact except for the ignition having been ripped out. We feel unbelievably lucky and grateful. What a relief...I truly thought we'd seen the last of it!

Thank you to everyone who wished good wishes. They came true.

Proving once more how strong VC vibeage is, CAR IS HOME!!!!!  :banana  :badger  :bounce8  :bee  :beer   :rock  :dance  :D  :cheers

Found ditched in an alley only 5 minutes from home, safe and sound and completely intact except for the ignition having been ripped out. We feel unbelievably lucky and grateful. What a relief...I truly thought we'd seen the last of it!

Thank you to everyone who wished good wishes. They came true.

That's great news.  Most of the time where I live, if a car is stolen and not gutted, it's because it was stolen to be used in a crime spree and then ditched.  Did there happen to be a crime spree in your general vicinity in the time since your car was stolen?  If so, the police may be able to tie any evidence from that in with any evidence they may have associated with your and your neighbor's cars and hopefully catch the cretins.

No crime spree that I'm aware of. The officer we spoke with said it was possible the car had been ditched in the alley with the thieves intending to return for it later.

My favorite thing: the first thing the officer had us do was look the car over to confirm that everything in the cab & trunk was ours. They were hoping for anything the thieves had left behind that might provide a lead. It was a bit of a mess because the thieves had dumped out everything in the glove box and rifled through everything in the car & tossed it around....cd's, paperwork, etc. But everything was familiar. But then as we waited for AAA to come give us a tow, I sat down in the driver's seat and my eyes happened to fall on a little triangular scrap of paper next to the gearshift. I picked it up & saw that it listed an address. Unfamiliar to me; not in my husband's writing, didn't look like my daughter's either. The police were about to leave, but I took it over to show them. I thought it was possibly my daughter's, from one of her friends, because she and a group of students have been working on a video project for school. But once we were home & asked her, she knew nothing about it.

Wouldn't it be great if the fools left us an address by which to find them?!!! The police have the scrap of paper.

I'm a teacher and I came into school one morning some years ago to find the window of my classroom smashed, laptops and a portable data projector missing. The police were called and they came in and began dusting for prints. Later that morning I was in a meeting. One of the police officers popped her head in and asked me to have a chat. She had a cell phone which she wanted to show me. The conversation went something like this:

Police Officer: Is this your phone by chance?

Me: No. I've got mine on me.

Police Officer: Are you sure?

Me: Absolutely

Police Officer: Could it belong to one of your students?

Me: No, they're too young to have a phone.

Police Officer (with sly grin on her face): So it's definitely not yours?

Me: Definitely not mine.

Police Officer: OK, thanks.

It turns out one of the thieves had dropped their own phone on the floor right beneath the window they had come in. I hadn't noticed it (one of the many reasons I'm not a cop, I guess). It didn't take long to locate them after that. All computers etc. were recovered. They'd hit a few schools in the area.

I certainly hope your little scrap of paper turns out to be valuable evidence like this!

Wouldn't it be great if the fools left us an address by which to find them?!!! The police have the scrap of paper.

That would be incredible.  Fingers crossed that the creep(s) that took your car get nailed.