Heading to Seoul and Hong Kong in a few weeks...pointers?!

So my wife is going to Honk Kong for work...I am tagging along. Stopping in Seoul first for 3 nights then onto Hong Kong for 5 more nights..I will be alone in Seoul! Anyone been before? Recommendations, Can't miss things etc? I plan on having tons of soju and pancakes!

When in Hong Kong plan on hiking Dragon Back seeing the temples and Buddha's, stopping in Macau. I have quite a bit of free time and am up for almost anything...

Recommendations for Hong Kong?

If you see tanks heading for a student demonstration, make yourself scarce.

I spent about five days in Hong Kong in the spring of last year.  I am a city person so I really enjoyed just wandering around both Kowloon and Wan Chai (on Hong Kong Island). Some of my favorite things - none of which are too far off the beaten path - were:

Star Ferry across the Harbor

Victoria Peak

Hong Kong Museum of History

Mong Kok street fair (at night)

Stanley Market (south side of Hong Kong Island)

Avenue of the Stars (either early in the morning when it is not crowded or at night when they have a light show)

For Hong Kong, get an Octopus card.  It's a rechargeable "ticket" that works on the subway, bus, Star Ferry, and even in many of the 7-11 type shops in the subway.  It's a lot easier than buying single trip tickets.  The subway is a breeze there.  If the weather is clear at night, the view at The Peak is well worth it.  I also recommend the jade market (daytime) and the temple street night market.  There is no better city on the planet for people watching than Hong Kong.  It's the safest big city I know of.  There's not a dark alley I wouldn't go down in HK. 

I haven't been to Seoul in a while, but Itaewon market is very cool.  Lots of leather goods and some cool art stuff.  Namdaemun market at night is cool too.  If you plan on hitting the soju, bring plenty of aspirin.