ST B&W Photos of TWEEDY on Tour 2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great news to start the day with!!!
""It's over three years since Wilco's eighth studio album, "The Whole Love", was released but the ninth might not be too far off. The band are back in the studio in February to get the process underway.
Tweedy believes it's the right time for Wilco to record again having played in Chicago before Christmas.
Tweedy emailed new songs to the other band members on New Year's Day ahead of their studio return. "It felt right," he said.
"It was a good start to the new year.". "

Of course Wilco did some recording work in 2014 as well... and apparently Jeff & Spencer have another album (assume it's a single disc this time) worth of TWEEDY material all mixed & ready to go too. I wonder where all of this will leave that potential next Loose Fur album? I'm guessing postponed indefinitely until these other two (forthcoming Wilco in 2015? & 2nd TWEEDY album).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/this-time-it-s-personal-the-tweedy-family-album-1.2081144

Some reaffirmation:-

Wilco’s plans for 2015

With Jeff playing a solo acoustic set of Wilco songs at each Tweedy gig, his full-time job is never far from his mind, and he will eventually turn his full attention to Wilco again this year. “I’ve already recorded a lot of ideas for the next Wilco record, some with Glenn [Kotche, drummer], doing demos, and some improvised stuff with Mikael [Jorgensen, keyboards] and Nels [Cline, guitar],” he says. “I think the idea is to have a new Wilco record out by the end of 2015.”

Time to fess up, now: has this whole project just been an elaborate ruse to spend more time with your boy before he makes his own way in the big, bad world?

“Well, oddly enough, Spencer and I have already recorded more stuff,” Jeff says, smiling. “We did some soundtrack stuff, and there have been some new songs. Because he’s not in school for the first time in his life, he’s been hanging out at the studio. There will definitely be another Tweedy album at some point, but it might not be feasible until he graduates college, so it might be another four years.”