Best of Sky Blue Sky live

Hey guys!

I was hoping to get some help with a little project that I want to put together, inspired from Wilco playing the full Star Wars album this tour.

I'd like to compile the best versions of every song from Sky Blue Sky to make a "live" version of the album for myself.

Here's where you guys come in. If you have a favorite version of a song, and perhaps a link too, if possible, it would be amazing to get this ball rolling. As always, a discussion is more than welcome to hear why you think it's the best version.

Thanks everyone!

Hey guys!

I was hoping to get some help with a little project that I want to put together, inspired from Wilco playing the full Star Wars album this tour.

I'd like to compile the best versions of every song from Sky Blue Sky to make a "live" version of the album for myself.

Here's where you guys come in. If you have a favorite version of a song, and perhaps a link too, if possible, it would be amazing to get this ball rolling. As always, a discussion is more than welcome to hear why you think it's the best version.

Thanks everyone!

Cool, obscure idea! 

Either Way - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

You Are My Face - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

Impossible Germany - Ashes Of American Flags bonus live tracks

Sky Blue Sky - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

Side With The Seeds - Ashes Of American Flags bonus live tracks

Shake It Off - November 24, 2006 Auditorium Theater in Chicago, IL (I flew in for these shows and they killed this as the opening song which I hadn't heard yet) or June 19, 2007 Chastain Park in Atlanta, GA (I'm almost positive that this is the show where Jeff got the crowd to go "Woo!" after singing "Shake It Off")

Please Be Patient With Me - February 15, 2008 Riviera Theater in Chicago, IL (Night 1 of the 5 night Winter Residency)

Hate It Here - August 12, 2008 Lenox, MA in Tanglewood (with the Total Pros)

Leave Me (Like You Found Me) - February 19, 2008 Riviera Theater in Chicago, IL (Night 4 of the 5 night Winter Residency that was broadcast)

Walken - August 12, 2008 Lenox, MA in Tanglewood (with the Total Pros)

What Light - August 12, 2008 Lenox, MA in Tanglewood (with the Total Pros) or November 24, 2006 Auditorium Theater in Chicago, IL (back when the song was sung in a lower key)

On And On And On - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

Either Way - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

You Are My Face - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

Impossible Germany - Ashes Of American Flags bonus live tracks

Sky Blue Sky - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

Side With The Seeds - Ashes Of American Flags bonus live tracks

Shake It Off - November 24, 2006 Auditorium Theater in Chicago, IL (I flew in for these shows and they killed this as the opening song which I hadn't heard yet) or June 19, 2007 Chastain Park in Atlanta, GA (I'm almost positive that this is the show where Jeff got the crowd to go "Woo!" after singing "Shake It Off")

Please Be Patient With Me - February 15, 2008 Riviera Theater in Chicago, IL (Night 1 of the 5 night Winter Residency)

Hate It Here - August 12, 2008 Lenox, MA in Tanglewood (with the Total Pros)

Leave Me (Like You Found Me) - February 19, 2008 Riviera Theater in Chicago, IL (Night 4 of the 5 night Winter Residency that was broadcast)

Walken - August 12, 2008 Lenox, MA in Tanglewood (with the Total Pros)

What Light - August 12, 2008 Lenox, MA in Tanglewood (with the Total Pros) or November 24, 2006 Auditorium Theater in Chicago, IL (back when the song was sung in a lower key)

On And On And On - June 26, 2007 Warsaw in Brooklyn, NY

this list is really cool. Interesting that all the best versions are all pre-2009. 

On the Shake it Off "woo!", it originated at the show in Indianapolis on June 17 (two days before the one you quote). I just re-listened on sooutoftune.org now... "well Indianapolis, you invented that...whatever it is...I don't like it."

I forgot about the macrame incident at the Indy show too! They had the macrame owl fly down from the rafters (on wires of course). It was so fun. I'm lucky to have caught that one.

Oh awesome thank you so much!

Yea i love that list so far and have been trying to find them all. What's cool is I was definitely at the Chastain park show. My first Wilco concert and it was beautiful. Halfway through the set it started pouring if I remember correctly.