Jeff Tweedy - Todos Santos Music Festival, 15 January 2016 (Night 2)

Despite what was one of the most obnoxious crowds I've ever been around, we really got a great show tonight. Gary Louris joined Jeff for several songs which was somewhat unexpected, mainly because The Jayhawks don't play the festival until next week (although, admittedly, I did spot him in town yesterday and was hopeful it would happen). Unfortunately the beauty of the show was lost on what seemed like over 90% of the people there who chose excessive talking, complete non-participation with the artist (even when directly requested by Jeff), and general jackassery. But for those of us fans in attendance it was a pretty great set. Here's the set list as played...

Via Chicago

Fake Fur Coat

Remember the Mountain Bed

Lost Love

Long Time Ago*

Radio King*

Pecan Pie*

Heavy Metal Drummer

Jesus, etc.

Where Do I Begin

The Thanks I Get

A Shot in the Arm

Love Like a Wire [Diane Izzo]^

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere [Neil Young]#

Give Back the Key to My Heart [Doug Sahm]%

*w/ Gary Louris on vocals and guitar

^w/ Spencer Tweedy on vocals and drums

#w/ Gary Louris, Spencer Tweedy, John Stirratt

%w/ Gary Louris, Spencer Tweedy, John Stirratt, Pat Sansone

I hope I wasn't included in part of your jackassery assessment! I was having a great time singing along. That was a pretty typical Todos Santos crowd, loud and wanting to drink, it's a part of festivals when you're not who everyone is there to see unfortunately. The Thanks I Get was requested by me through the website, and I was certainly doing the 'We can make it better' part. I also requested Give Back The Key To My Heart, so i'm taking that as 4/4 now from 2 nights. Now if we get Spiders tomorrow night I'll be 5/5.

I got the written setlist, I'm The Man Who Loves You was on it after Shot in the arm, but wasn't played. Jeff didn't have one at all last night and only glanced at this one a few times. Can't wait to see what treats we get tomorrow night.

Also worth noting Jeff played with The Minus 5 earlier in the night on I'm Not Bitter and Dear Employer (The Reason I Quit). Pat and John were also on Dear Employer. Pat stayed on also for Blue Rickenbacker Guitar, which featured Mike Mills and Peter Buck. It really was a fantastic night. 

Despite what was one of the most obnoxious crowds I've ever been around, we really got a great show tonight. Gary Louris joined Jeff for several songs which was somewhat unexpected, mainly because The Jayhawks don't play the festival until next week (although, admittedly, I did spot him in town yesterday and was hopeful it would happen). Unfortunately the beauty of the show was lost on what seemed like over 90% of the people there who chose excessive talking, complete non-participation with the artist (even when directly requested by Jeff), and general jackassery. But for those of us fans in attendance it was a pretty great set. Here's the set list as played...

Via Chicago

Fake Fur Coat

Remember the Mountain Bed

Lost Love

Long Time Ago*

Radio King*

Pecan Pie*

Heavy Metal Drummer

Jesus, etc.

Where Do I Begin

The Thanks I Get

A Shot in the Arm

Love Like a Wire [Diane Izzo]^

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere [Neil Young]#

Give Back the Key to My Heart [Doug Sahm]%

*w/ Gary Louris on vocals and guitar

^w/ Spencer Tweedy on vocals and drums

#w/ Gary Louris, Spencer Tweedy, John Stirratt

%w/ Gary Louris, Spencer Tweedy, John Stirratt, Pat Sansone

Nice! Looks like a cool little set, and especially with everyone joining in. Too bad about the crowd, though. Ugh. Glad you enjoyed in spite of that, and gracias for the report!

Haven't heard of Cry All Day before, so I would have to assume that's another new one...though I guess it didn't get played.

• 2 months later...

After getting my setlist from this show signed by Jeff in Sydney last week, I asked him about the song 'Cry All Day' that was on the setlist. Jeff confirmed it was a new song that will be on the next record. I didn't get time to ask whether it was a Tweedy or Wilco record, but given Jeff has talked about the new Wilco record being done, I can only assume it will be on that.