Bryan Ferry in Nashvegas

• 5 months later...

Saw the show last night at the Ryman. Very rowdy and happy crowd- I don't think I was the oldest there.  Great band: 3 guitarists, bass, drums, keyboard, violin,, backup singers, and the best, a striking lady on sax , other horns, and keyboard.

Ferry seemed thrilled with the crowd.  Very little talk between songs. All performed wonderfully.  Highlights were of course, the older songs: Slave to Love, More than This, Avalon, and my personal favorite, Virginia Plain. Encore included Jealous Guy.  I never had the chance to see Roxy Music and last night was wonderful. I took my oldest daughter who is familiar with the songs and she also loved it. Great night.

Jeff Tweedy introduced Nick Lowe at the Ryman as the world's coolest guy.  My opinion only, but Bryan Ferry is so cool and debonair that he makes Nick look pale in comparison.

I saw RM several times on that tour. What venue ?

The old PNE  arena in Vancouver, BC. I remember being shocked that we couldn't score beer at 7-11 on the way to the show. At that time there was no point to 7-11 without beer! Younger, wilder days... :D

The old PNE  arena in Vancouver, BC. I remember being shocked that we couldn't score beer at 7-11 on the way to the show. At that time there was no point to 7-11 without beer! Younger, wilder days... :D

Cool, thanks. The High Road tour was 33 years ago. Wow.

I can certainly relate to your 7-11 reference as well. What purpose did it serve, other than beer. ;-D