Jeff Tweedy - May 21, 2016 - Letters to Santa Living Room Show, Winnetka, IL

13232942_10209735742577451_7571794447351

13226884_10209735742737455_7983705113529

13239346_10154207292064771_9525408402016

Incredible day of music and friendship this past weekend in Chicago!  So grateful to Jeff and Susan Tweedy for returning to the Second City Letters to Santa auction after a few years break, and once again offering Jeff to perform to raise money for the Chicago charity.  According to Jeff, this evening was the first solo debut of "King of You."   It also turned out to be a most beautiful day weather-wise, allowing us to be outdoors and enjoy the sunshine before the show began, and the full "Blue Moon" at the end.  Many thanks to the amazing Coleman family for their hospitality and the many old and new friends who participated in our group, with quite a few opting to perform with Jeff, who always enjoys sharing the stage. 

Is that Jeff's handwriting on the setlist? I like it.

Wonder what More... sounds like solo acoustic. That would be great to hear.

Thanks for sharing your report.

That is not Jeff's handwriting, it's Warner's.  Nice style, I agree completely!

"More ..." worked really well stripped down solo acoustic, a worthy choice for the solo setting.  In fact, Jeff did mention appreciation that we chose some newer songs from his catalog!

Thank you so much for posting about it! I was hoping you would and I was thinking about all of you last Saturday. I imagine it's so special to witness and be a part of something so beautiful. Don't forget about me next year ;)