Has any US citizens here visit Cuba?

Great deals direct flights from Newark, NJ..I see you still need one of 12 reasons to qualify for a visit and can't go strictly as a tourist. I have no problem filling up an itinerary for educational purposes but was wondering if anyone went and any pointers?

Louie from what I hear from friends that went too is you can have a "full" day schedule of educational activities that include interaction with locals done independently. You have to sign an affidavit that this was your purpose. I can easily be happy seeing museums and listening to jazz as cultural activities all day. From what I have heard only one person/group has been called out since 2010 in falsifying their affidavit and that was redbull for filming without a permit. It seems like the rules are fairly loose now for the educational/person to person qualifier for a visa.

I had family go about a month ago. They're wealthy (but not snobby) and they've traveled everywhere. They were underwhelmed...

Thanks. Any particular reason? I'm going for three nights if I go and it is super cheap! Airfare is $250 from here and an air bnb nice one is about $50 a night. Between the rum and cigars I'm pretty excited. I have found some pretty neat museums so I figure I don't have much to lose and want go before it becomes Americanized

My neighbor went in September for a week, with a US agricultural delegation (Commerce Dept., I think). He was on assignment for a farming magazine, took 5000 pictures and wrote an article for them. He stayed at the Hotel Nationale, ran into the Iranian Foreign Minister, got up early in the morning to take pictures around Havana, etc. He loved it. He also reported feeling super safe.

My neighbor went in September for a week, with a US agricultural delegation (Commerce Dept., I think). He was on assignment for a farming magazine, took 5000 pictures and wrote an article for them. He stayed at the Hotel Nationale, ran into the Iranian Foreign Minister, got up early in the morning to take pictures around Havana, etc. He loved it. He also reported feeling super safe.

Cool thanks

^I'll check it out..I met him once however and he was an a-hole...

Please elaborate. I am interested in the details.