The War On Drugs

I put very little importance on the Grammys but I was still glad for the recognition that The War On Drugs got in winning Rock Album of the Year last night.  They deserve the acknowledgement and I hope it helps keep the train rolling for this great band.

Still chomping at the bit for what I hope are fill in dates around the two weekends at Coachella this April or any other tour dates in cool cities, they are my highest concert-attending priority in 2018 while they are peaking.

I check TWOD's tour page a ridiculous number of times per day to see if they've added anything in between or around those Coachella shows. I noticed that David Byrne will be performing in Tuscon, San Diego, Las Vegas and Mesa in between his Saturday Coachella shows. The Fleet Foxes are hitting San Luis Obispo and Berkeley. Not that any of this matters!

Tuscon April 17, and Phoenix April 18!

Just got the flurry of texts and phone calls about these!  I'm there.  Probably cannot make the Vegas Brooklyn Bowl show on Apr 11, but I hate Vegas anyway.  radiatortunes if you are coming to AZ for these, let us know and we can meet up.

I love it when a band I like plays two nights in AZ, no plane tix or hotel needed.

There were some more scattered in between festival dates in Cleveland and Detroit and Milwaukee this summer too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Great show last night in Milwaukee. I focused in on the drummer during Under the Pressure and was awed. The lights, sound, musicianship, all amazing. Damn.