Legend Fats Domino Passes at 89

Fats Domino, nobody before or since had your style, and that million dollar smile.

Blueberry Hill, Blue Monday, I'm Walking, Ain't That a Shame and many others, influenced many artist, including The Beatles.

So glad I saw him in concert as a H.S. kid in late 70s. Rest In Peace.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfMlk1PwGU

Some comments about Blue Monday from Macca prior about writing Lady Madonna..

"It reminded me of Fats Domino for some reason, so I started singing a Fats Domino impression. It took my other voice to a very odd place.”

While Fats Domino's 1956 track “Blue Monday” charts the feelings of a hard working male across each day of the week, “Lady Madonna” - which was released as a single in March 1968 - tells the same story but through the eyes of a woman.

Nice anecdote. Amazing to have been alive at the same time as Fats, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry and other early rockers. They seem from another era, and were I suppose. Seemed that Fats hadn't toured or recorded in some time, so he had been out of the spotlight. Huge talent and charisma. 

I always think of Fats from 2 things.

1.  Richie Cunningham from Happy Days...I Found My Thrill.....whenever he thinks about making out with his girlfriend or if he got lucky.

2.  The Cheap Trick Cover of Aint that A Shame...love that intro, Bun E kills it.

His passing along with Chuck Berry's is a huge loss for the music world. I've never been a big fan of "New Orleans music." But Fats was way bigger than that. He was one of the founding fathers of rock & roll. Seeing him perform was on my bucket list. Guess I'll never get a chance to check that one off.