Previously Unreleased Song "Dynamite My Soul" from Being There

Never ceases to amaze me how many G > C songs Jeff has written, and how he's been able to write melodies for each. I can see why this didn't make the cut, but I absolutely love Jeff's songwriting/growth period from 1993-1999...Anodyne, A.M., Being There, Down By The Old Mainstream, Weird Tales, Mermaid Avenue, Summerteeth. You could include YHF in there too, considering a handful of its tracks were starting to pop up in solo shows or Wilco shows in 1999.

I absolutely love Jeff's songwriting/growth period from 1993-1999...Anodyne, A.M., Being There, Down By The Old Mainstream, Weird Tales, Mermaid Avenue, Summerteeth.

Agree. As a music fan and listener, it truly felt magical. Hearing this new song, and his 90's voice, makes me remember it well. 

Agree. As a music fan and listener, it truly felt magical. Hearing this new song, and his 90's voice, makes me remember it well.

Probably the reason I return to early- to mid-period recordings of The Beatles above others. I really love hearing the growth and development of budding songwriters. For The Beatles, it’s from late 1964 through end of 1965 — Beatles for Sale, Help! and Rubber Soul, plus the singles of the era. Their country, folky, Dylan phase. Love that stuff.

Hell, yeah, this is just gold to me. I preordered the Being There reissue on faith alone, and I'm already pleased as punch. Imagine if we got it and it was all junky bonus tracks that made us say, "Well, that never should have seen the light of day." Instead, I'm already hearing something I would have listened to throughout the years if I'd had it! I love this period, and I want more stuff like it from the S/T sessions, YHF, and so on. I hope those are in the works.

Hell, yeah, this is just gold to me. I preordered the Being There reissue on faith alone, and I'm already pleased as punch. Imagine if we got it and it was all junky bonus tracks that made us say, "Well, that never should have seen the light of day." Instead, I'm already hearing something I would have listened to throughout the years if I'd had it! I love this period, and I want more stuff like it from the S/T sessions, YHF, and so on. I hope those are in the works.

I’m right there with ya. Only a few more weeks!