Every so often I'll whip out "Fun House" by The Stooges and my first thought usually is, holy crap, this came out in 1970!? It must of blown people's minds. Scuzzy, primal, scary, brutal, animalistic. Just the way Rock n Roll should be. Strap yourself in and get ready for a wild ride. Pass the peanut butter and sprinkle the living room with broken glass, please.

Never saw them or Iggy.

Fun House was recorded live. They captured lightening in a bottle on that record.

I saw Iggy at Metro in 1988. During a stop at Letterman's on that tour, he described playing small clubs as, "You get your soul fried." That happened to me that night, for sure. An incredible road trip and bonding experience for my 2 closest high school friends the summer after we graduated. The 3 of us got together just last month.

Saw him twice again 2 years later. At The Riviera and then the Vogue Theater in Louisville. Definitely the most electric performer I have ever seen!

Iggy and the Stooges certainly enriched my life.

When the Stooges reformed they were mostly doing festivals in Europe. That year, Devo was going to headline a night at the Bumbershoot festival in Seattle (when it was still cool) but someone got sick. Some friends & I noticed that the last Stooges gig in England sort of dovetailed nicely into the time frame. Easy flight over north pole. We started emailing the promoter & would put The Stooges in subject line & "oh please oh please" in the body. Well someone was paying attention & we got them! Legend has it that Mark Arm of Mudhoney went to the promoter's office in knee pads & asked "who do I have to blow to open for Iggy?". He got the gig. It was a magical show. A buddy refused to believe it was happening until Ron Asheton walked on stage. Saw 1 more show with the Ashetons & it was great, too. Funhouse is 1 of my all time favorite records. So lucky got to see the original band (minus bass player) perform it.

the last time i saw the Stooges, the lineup went:

The Scientists (first-ever US gig) > Mudhoney > The Stooges > Sleep

yeah, that was ridiculous. Arm mentioned "I still can't believe we are in the middle of a Scientists and Stooges sandwich."

we luv mudhoney here in seattle. mark sat a few seats away from me @ the post pop depression show. you know his day job is in sub pop's warehouse. 

• 3 weeks later...