Have you ever been to a concert that made you lose interest in a band?

That's bizarre.  He plays Atlanta at least once every year, and Atlanta gets skipped by lots of bands since (this is my assumption) we're not as close to neighboring cities as most of the NE is, making touring a bit harder and more expensive.  I wonder if there's a reason he skips Boston.

He seems to be all over the country all the time - it is bizarre that he skips Boston. Not sure how he finds time to do it all...

• 4 weeks later...

I saw The Cars live. Unless the remaining members were playing a free show with free beer and an all you can eat buffet, I vowed never see them again.

Cheap Tric

Caught them twice opening for bigger bands, both within the last decade or so. Both times, their sound system was remarkably inferior to the headliners - which I have since learned is (supposedly) a somewhat common practice with classic rock dinosaur acts.

I mean, I was never a big fan, but come on: Surrender, Dream Police, I Want You To Want Me...who wouldn't want to see these guys? And they were beyond a disappointment. Not only was the sound crappy, but I couldn't understand a word of their songs, aside from the ones I already knew. I was relieved when they were done.

If I went to another show and they were the openers, I'd get to my seat late rather than suffer through one of their sets again.

Had a similar experience with Blue Oyster Cult opening for Aerosmith about five years ago. I guess I'd give them a second shot, but...