This week I saw two concerts where the lead singers were barefoot. Toad the Wet Sprocket and God Street Wine. I find it kinda weird and gross especially on a stage floor..think of all the glass, spilled things and sweat on the floor yuck. Anyway I degress any others you can think of who do this? David Bryne, Tame Impala andChris Robinson from the Black Crowes come to mind. I wonder if these folks put on shoes when they leave the stage?? Sorry for the odd random thoughts I’m in a silly mood today!

What about a bassist - Oteil Burbridge, often plays in bare feet -- though they always have fancy rugs on the stage, at least Dead & Co, do ---- who doesn't like the feeling of a great rug in bare feet????

Weir has gone bare-footin', too.

What about a bassist - Oteil Burbridge, often plays in bare feet -- though they always have fancy rugs on the stage, at least Dead & Co, do ---- who doesn't like the feeling of a great rug in bare feet????

Weir has gone bare-footin', too.

Yes on a rug but what about from backstage to the rug or in between?

I recently saw Amoricans (Black Crowes tribute band) in a bar and the lead singer was barefoot. I remember the sound of glass being broken several times and I felt nervous for the guy. But then I thought that his health care provider, GoFund Me, would take care of any mishaps.

I've seen the Black Crowes several times, but I've never been close enough to see Chris Robinson's feet. I guess he was always barefoot.

Oh, and I was planning on seeing Toad The Wet Sprocket this Sunday, but the show is officially sold out, as of today. The place that they were playing around here is small enough that I might have noticed the lack of shoes on stage.

You must be really close or have really good eyesight to notice. I've heard that John Stirratt has gone barefoot before. I can't remember which show(s).

The last time I saw The Mountain Goats, John Darnielle came out wearing a suit and was bare-footed -- first time I recall him not wearing shoes on stage.  It was weird.  

On the other hand, Byrne and his whole damn huge marching band were barefoot and it was sublime.