Wilco — 24 November 2019, St. Paul, MN (Palace Theatre) [Night 3 of 3]

It's been a pretty long three months of touring in advance and support of Ode To Joy, and I'd say Wilco and its always-stellar crew have more than earned a couple weeks of rest before getting back to it next month. Finishing up another successful three-night run in St. Paul, the band sent the faithful off to eat turkey (or what have you) with another solid set that generally reflected the show it has been presenting these past months while also adding a few nuggets to make it unique.

On a personal note, it's a bit hard to believe starting this tour off in Trondheim, Norway in early September with virtually no idea what the new record would sound like live and now getting to the point when those OTJ songs have seeped into my conscious and, I'm sure, subconscious. It feels like it's been quite the journey, in more ways than one.

More to come in a little while, but for now, here was the complete setlist as played (there were no changes from the printed list):

Bright Leaves

Before Us

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

One Wing

If I Ever Was A Child

Handshake Drugs

Side With The Seeds

One and a Half Stars

Hummingbird

White Wooden Cross

Via Chicago

How To Fight Loneliness

Bull Black Nova

Random Name Generator

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Jesus, etc.

We Were Lucky

Love Is Everywhere (Beware)

Summer Teeth

Box Full Of Letters

Everyone Hides

Theologians

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hold Me Anyway

Misunderstood

----------------------------------

An Empty Corner (w/Gaelynn Lea on violin)

California Stars (w/Gaelynn Lea on violin and Dave Mehling and Al Church on percussion)

I'm Always In Love

I'm A Wheel

Great following all the recaps. Thanks for the effort. Pretty great variety over the three nights for a 25 year old band.

86 Total Songs Performed
46 Unique songs performed
26 Songs performed twice
16 Songs performed three times
3 fake encore breaks
3 actual encore breaks
  • 3 weeks later...

Roadcase for this and the other St Paul shows are now available. I may or may not be the person that said "Thank you Ukraine" after Summer Teeth. Who knows!

Oops, just realized I sort of never finished my recap on this one. I was kind of dragging at that point!