Now Playing 2020

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SongsMagnoliaSC76big.jpg

Thanks to those on here who recommended this.  It's great and is in regular rotation for me.  

On Sunday at SkyBlueSky, the hotel played "Farewell Transmission" over its music system.  I thought I was dreaming!   

Thoughts? Reactions? 

Just finished listening to it for the second time.  Two questions: (1) How have I not heard of this band before this month and (2) why is an album with four undeniably great songs on it self-released?  It's an excellent album with shades of Pavement, Silkworm, Archers of Loaf and Beulah (for the horns).  Thanks for the recommendation.  

Just finished listening to it for the second time.  Two questions: (1) How have I not heard of this band before this month and (2) why is an album with four undeniably great songs on it self-released?  It's an excellent album with shades of Pavement, Silkworm, Archers of Loaf and Beulah (for the horns).  Thanks for the recommendation.  

All good questions.  I mean, I'm embarrassed because I live in Boston and have heard their name for years but hadn't really paid attention until a couple of years ago.  I liked their previous album (A Band Is Something To Figure Out) but I think this new one is a big step up - which is rare for a band 15 years into their career.   And I wonder if the four songs you call undeniably great are the same four that I do ...

• kidsmoke unpinned and locked this topic