Long Gone Summer

Just watched ESPN 30 for 30 "Long Gone Summer". OK documentary about the race for the home run record between Sammy Sosa & Mark McGwire. I noticed the music for the film was pretty good. End credits: music by Jeff & Spencer Tweedy with additional drumming by Glenn Kotche. Solves that mystery!

I kind of wish I hadn't seen his name in the opening credits (or this post) to see whether I could have guessed it was him. Some very Tweedyish sounds. I heard some stuff reminscent of Summerteeth and his more current stuff, but mostly I got a big Loose Fur vibe.

I kind of wish I hadn't seen his name in the opening credits (or this post) to see whether I could have guessed it was him. Some very Tweedyish sounds. I heard some stuff reminscent of Summerteeth and his more current stuff, but mostly I got a big Loose Fur vibe.

Ha, I thought the same thing. I was surprised to see his name in the opening credits, and it made me listen intently throughout. Most of the time, I was wishing the interviewees would just shut up so I could hear the music! But yeah, I wondered if I could have guessed, or at least become curious, because the guitar was noticeably Tweedy-ish. The giveaway would have been when he played a few seconds of "Quiet Amplifier" about two-thirds of the way through.