Yankee Purple Foxtrot

after the first listen, it seems just ok.  I guess I wanted more.  The remix of the music isn't much.  It is pretty close to the original.  I guess the only thing that is different is the vocals, which is not Jeff (I believe Barry Jenkins).  Way too deep and misses the vulnerability that Jeff expressed on YHF. 

But I def applaud the effort.   

6 hours ago, KevinG said:

after the first listen, it seems just ok.  I guess I wanted more.  The remix of the music isn't much.  It is pretty close to the original.  I guess the only thing that is different is the vocals, which is not Jeff (I believe Barry Jenkins).  Way too deep and misses the vulnerability that Jeff expressed on YHF. 

But I def applaud the effort.   

Wait is this not just everything slowed down with the occasional DJ effect thrown in?  Admittedly, I've only listened once but it sounded like EVERY vocal nuance from the original was there and I can't imagine anyone nailing it like that.

1 hour ago, chriscolbert said:

Wait is this not just everything slowed down with the occasional DJ effect thrown in?  Admittedly, I've only listened once but it sounded like EVERY vocal nuance from the original was there and I can't imagine anyone nailing it like that.

i guess it is Jeff's vocals.  It sounded so similar to the  voice at the beginning of each track, which is quite annoying btw, I thought it was different.  Kinda less impressed now.  

I posted this over on the facebook about this topic:

It’s weird, but it reminded me how weird YHF sounded when I first listened to it many many moons ago.
It really brings out some of that feeling of awe and wonder and fascination I had with YHF at first.
I miss that.

It's kinda like salt.  It brings out the flavor of the original, but I wouldn't want to eat a bowl of it.