Plans for Inauguration Day?

Besides heaving huge sighs of relief, do you have any plans for Inauguration Day? Will you wear anything special, dance in the street, drink pink champagne, or throw a socially-distanced feast?

Whatever you do, "Love is the King" will make a wonderful soundtrack. :bananaI'm so ready to feel hopeful, and inspired, again.

I will be planting my Biden/Harris signs back in the front yard for the day, and we've left our Christmas lights and big inflatable waving snowman set up, so that we can light them and inflate them for this special day. I'm sure the neighbors will love our exuberance! B)

And I will be feeling immense gratitude for every person who helped that shitgibbon lose the election. May it be a day without violence.

I'll be celebrating while wearing my Joe Biden socks and perhaps a campaign button. And I'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief that a certain delusional narcissist no longer has valid nuclear codes. Since I'm working from home I may mix myself a stiff drink while following the inauguration ceremony on TV. 

Unfortunately, the social studies classes I teach will not line up well with the ceremony, though I am worried enough about incidents that I'm not sure we'd watch it if I could. I probably would...

Otherwise, I'm going to shave my beard and have some bourbon when I get home tomorrow, if it all goes smoothly.

:usa

My mom was very much looking forward to watching it, but... she'll be getting her vaccine instead!  We'll take that trade-off.  I've already got everything set to record on her DVR, we'll watch together tomorrow night.

Probably won't be awake to catch it live (my wife works afternoon/evening shift at a covid processing lab, so we're on a weird schedule), but I'll honestly just be relieved if I don't wake up to an ongoing crisis megathread in r/politics. Maybe we'll open a bottle of wine or something tomorrow night though.