What the Hell, SCOTUS?!

Like I commented over on fb, I am so sick of my life being fouled by evangelicals and skinheads. Like SCOTUS.

Well, not all of SCOTUS I guess. But too much of it.

I'm just in sick disbelief at today's leak. Women are more than incubators for men's use.

I'm not sure what we do about this, but inaction and watching from the sidelines aren't options. I won't allow my granddaughter (or my grandson for that matter) to grow up in a world where this crap is the law of the land. We adults have GOT to put an end to this and protect her generation, as well as protecting every woman now alive. Men, please speak up. Women, keep resisting with all you've got.:(

• Like 3

Most thought that Roe would be scaled back, but not overturned  I'm hoping that Justice Roberts will pressure the majority to "merely" erode rather than overturn Roe v. Wade (as the leaked draft opinion authored by Justice Alito advocates).  What was leaked was a draft.  A lot can happen before the final opinion is released.  You would think that if SCOTUS rules that  states are given the power to limit/abolish abortions, they would also be given the power to substantially limit/condition the right to own all or certain types of firearms.   

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chez said:

Most thought that Roe would be scaled back, but not overturned  I'm hoping that Justice Roberts will pressure the majority to "merely" erode rather than overturn Roe v. Wade (as the leaked draft opinion authored by Justice Alito advocates).  What was leaked was a draft.  A lot can happen before the final opinion is released.  You would think that if SCOTUS rules that  states are given the power to limit/abolish abortions, they would also be given the power to substantially limit/condition the right to own all or certain types of firearms.   

Too much money involved with guns. It's like cigarettes, too much money changing hands for laws to change.

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, chisoxjtrain said:

I now firmly believe birth control and gay marriage are next.

I thankfully live in a state (Iowa) whose court had legalized same-sex marriage before Obergefell. While both may fall, I can't imagine too many legislatures wanting to ban contraception. Jesus, my gay daughter takes the pill to regulate her cycle.

• Like 2