Phil Lesh with Jeff Tweedy and Nels Cline — 26 August 2022, Bridgeville, IL (Sacred Rose Festival Canopy Stage)

• Analogman changed the title to Phil Lesh with Jeff Tweedy and Nels Cline — 26 August 2022, Bridgeville, IL (Sacred Rose Festival Canopy Stage)
On 8/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, silsurf said:

Anyone at the show? Would

love to know a set list, from what little I have read it sounds like it was a great time!

I watched the live stream, but here was the complete setlist for both sets according to the recap on Relix:

Set 1

Dire Wolf (Grateful Dead cover) (Jeff Tweedy lead vocals)

Doin’ That Rag (Grateful Dead cover)

Mr. Charlie (Grateful Dead cover) (Elliot Peck lead vocals)

Jack Straw (Grateful Dead cover)

Airline to Heaven (Woody Guthrie cover) (Jeff Tweedy lead vocals)

U.S. Blues (Grateful Dead cover) (Jeff Tweedy lead vocals)

Not Fade Away (The Crickets cover) (Margo Price tambourine and vocals)

Set 2

Shakedown Street (Grateful Dead cover) (Karl Denson lead vocals; Margo Price tambourine)

Viola Lee Blues (Cannon’s Jug Stompers cover)

Pride of Cucamonga (Grateful Dead cover)

New Speedway Boogie (Grateful Dead cover) (Elliott Peck lead vocals)

Franklin’s Tower (Grateful Dead cover) (Jeff Tweedy lead vocals)

Via Chicago (Wilco cover) (Jeff Tweedy lead vocals)

Ripple (Grateful Dead cover) (Jeff Tweedy lead vocals)

Enjoyable show on Friday --- the only tune that didn't work for me was U.S. Blues -- it made me chuckle when Tweedy sang the 'steal your wife' line --- how can anyone believe that Jeff Tweedy would steal somebodies wife. 'Airline to Heaven' was great to hear. 

Nels, though tough to hear in the mix from time to time, added a lot. I though the highlight the band was Karl Denson -- even his singing on 'Shakedown Street' was great. 

We took off during 'New Speedway Boogie' to catch an Uber -- so I am bummed to have missed the Franklin's and Via Chicago. I figured they were going to close with Ripple.

As far as the fest goes -- not sure if we will see a Sacred Rose 2 -- if they do put on another one, they definitely have to figure out the sound issues, way too much sound bleeding between stages. I guess, due to weather, they had to cancel many of the Sunday shows. Friday night was pretty well attended from what I could tell.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Outside of Philco, the Sacred Rose fest was farcical at best. Luckily we paid extra for "VIP" tickets (lol). At least that afforded us, if not a better sight line, more distance from the EDM tent situated on the right and behind the Canopy stage. The fest itself was poorly run and over hyped. I'm just glad we didn't accidentally leave a $200 tip at one of the cashless bars that pervaded the fest. I guess decimal points weren't allowed!

• Thanks 1