Post-Holiday Entertainments

Now that the tinsel and wrapping paper have settled into the carpet, what new "toys" are you all playing with? I got a beautiful stack of books I've been craving including "How to Speak Chicken", and I've got a salted caramel hot chocolate bomb, so a plan is forming. I'll demonstrate my new bilingualism in person next Solid Sound, bwok bok bok.

Also I have a new Nathaniel Rateliff album to play as I study. All I need now is a comfy chair and a lap dog.

How are you enjoying the last week of 2022?

• Like 1

2022 getting its last punches in. Wind storm knocked out power last night. Then I woke up with a roaring sinus infection & found that my refrigerator has bit the dust. Freezer full of spoiled food. Hassle I could seriously live with out!

• Sad 4

A ‘’salted caramel hot chocolate bomb’’ sounds right up my wife’s alley. She also loves Nathaniel Rateliff! 

Damn, Chuck. So sorry to hear that. I was wondering about you across the Puget Sound when I saw the Alki Beach flooding on the news. What a way for the year to end. 

We’re heading out Tacoma tonight for Thai food and Zoolights at Point Défiance (my gift to my wife). It’s Christmas light overload in a myriad of designs at the Zoo. My daughter gave me Nick Hornby’s new book ‘’Dickens and Prince: A Particular Kind of Genius’’. He’s my favorite author. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chuckrh said:

2022 getting its last punches in. Wind storm knocked out power last night. Then I woke up with a roaring sinus infection & found that my refrigerator has bit the dust. Freezer full of spoiled food. Hassle I could seriously live with out!

I swear, stuff like this is always in 3's. I've had that kind of day myself, Chuck, only on a more minor scale. I hope you can get assistance quickly with the refrigerator!  What a royal pain, not to mention the cost of losing all that food. That totally sucks. :no

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, Doug C said:

We’re heading out Tacoma tonight for Thai food and Zoolights at Point Défiance (my gift to my wife). It’s Christmas light overload in a myriad of designs at the Zoo.

I’m doing something similar tonight with a friend,  Happy Hour at a lovely restaurant that’s a little too pricey for dinner, then Holiday Lights at Turtle Back Zoo.  

Chuck and Donna, sorry to hear of about your bad luck.  I’ve been having expensive house issues here myself over the past few weeks.  I’m trying to just go with the flow and keep reminding myself that stuff happens when you own a house. Thankfully it hasn’t been anything as awful as losing power or a refrigerator.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, brownie said:

I’m doing something similar tonight with a friend,  Happy Hour at a lovely restaurant that’s a little too pricey for dinner, then Holiday Lights at Turtle Back Zoo.  

Chuck and Donna, sorry to hear of about your bad luck.  I’ve been having expensive house issues here myself over the past few weeks.  I’m trying to just go with the flow and keep reminding myself that stuff happens when you own a house. Thankfully it hasn’t been anything as awful as losing power or a refrigerator.

I wore myself out this morning between taking care of refrigerator & a dump run with the spoiled food. Pretty major sinus infection so went to bed when I was done. I did well though. I researched online & ended up going to my little local appliance store that's been around over 50 years. I got a scratch & dent (nothing major). Managed to get out of it for $635 which includes delivery, haul away the old one & tax. It was $300 off the regular price. Feel good about managing to avoid the big boxes, getting a good deal & supporting local people. I try to do that as much as possible. Not a fan of corporate concerns! Delivery is tomorrow morning. + my goddaughter is happy. She's my landlord & trusts me to handle stuff like that for her.

• Like 3