Now Playing 2023

1 hour ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

RocknRollAnimal.jpg

Been on a big Lou kick recently.

Dating myself, but when I first got into Lou and the Velvets the first three Velvets albums were hard to find.  This and 1969Live were my intro and I still think of this as the definitive version of Heroin.    

Live in Italy has a mighty Heroin, too. Robert Quine was in the band & Fernando on bass. Killer record, wasn't released in the States at least at the time.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is away at our oldest’s in FL since the 21st to help with some health issues. I was feeling alone and my favorite song to dance to played. I danced, smiling. I feel better now.

Posted Images

37740830-DF13-449B-BCFC-21652CA7ABB4.jpeg

6408DD55-B7F7-4523-81CC-6A77D94717A7.jpeg

On 2/24/2023 at 4:48 PM, chuckrh said:

Live in Italy has a mighty Heroin, too. Robert Quine was in the band & Fernando on bass. Killer record, wasn't released in the States at least at the time.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of that album (and Quine). 

But I haven't listened in a while.  Maybe I'll put it on now ...  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Matthew-Sweet-and-Susanna-Hoffs-Best-of-

All 3 covers albums are s9 fucking great. 

• Like 1

My wife is away at our oldest’s in FL since the 21st to help with some health issues. I was feeling alone and my favorite song to dance to played. I danced, smiling. I feel better now.

1E4FEFCE-E498-4AD8-99AC-2DC72D812AE2.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Doug C said:

1E4FEFCE-E498-4AD8-99AC-2DC72D812AE2.jpeg

If you ever get a chance to see them live I highly recommend it. I have a clip of their performance of this song from their show in New Orleans a few years ago. They allowed a huge portion of the audience to get on stage and dance while they played. It was so joyful. 

• Like 2
  • Chez locked this topic