Rest in Peace, Gordon Lightfoot.

His beautiful, emotional songs were a foundation of my young adulthood. My husband once smoked a joint with him, and pronounced him a cool, mellow guy. Thanks for the memories, Gordon. Your songs will endure. :wub

I have loved Gordon Lightfoot’s voice since I was a teenager.  I saw him perform sometime around when The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was a hit.  My mom and I both loved him and we went to that show together.

84 years old is a good, long life, and it was his time.  I am sad to see him leave us, but am very happy that I still have his music, and that glorious voice.

• Like 1

He changed several of the lyrics to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald because he realized that as originally written, they were in some way unfair or hurtful to the crew or their survivors.  I thought that was lovely, what a kind person he must have been.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Analogman said:

That was due to the dive/documentary on the wreck. They were able to prove that the unsecured hatch covers did not cause the ship to sink. 

He also said that the mourners were hurt that he referred to the church as a "musty" old hall. He later sang "rustic old hall".