Wilco — 18 October 2023, Seattle, WA (Paramount Theatre) [Night 2 of 2]

About to be in transit for a while, so won’t get a chance to out proverbial finger to keyboard for some hours yet (many apologies, Signor Tatlock! :coffee)…

For now, here was the complete setlist as played for Night 2 (At Least That’s What You Said and California Stars were on the printed setlist as the first two songs of the encore, but weren’t played):

Infinite Surprise

Handshake Drugs

Pittsburgh

I Am My Mother

Cruel Country

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart>
Kamera

Meant To Be

Misunderstood

Bird Without A Tail/Base Of My Skull

Hummingbird

Sunlight Ends

Whole Love

Impossible Germany

Jesus, etc.

Evicted

Dawned On Me

Cousin

Heavy Metal Drummer

A Shot In The Arm

———————————————

Falling Apart (Right Now)

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The venue staff were great on night 1 but on night 2 they tried to get us people in the pit to swap seats. Essentially what had happened was for both nights, the venue staff had told the people in the pit that if you were a low seat number you'd be on Pat/John's side. If you were a higher number, you'd be towards Nels. This is contrary to what the seating map had detailed when tickets were purchased, and opposite to how the other seats in the building are arranged, but I don't think the pit people (it's just two small rows) really cared (I was row A, just behind them in night 1, and second row pit night 2). Well, last night literally two minutes before the band came out, staff came and told everyone we had to move. Bbop was sitting opposite end of the row from me, and after we didn't get up the staff went over and talked to them, I'm not sure if bbop heard me, but I yelled out "let's just stay seated". Either way, due to years posting on Via Chicago @theashtraysays @bböp and myself were on the same page and we, along with the people sitting near us, remained seated and everyone got to enjoy the show when the band came out seconds later. I'd be curious to hear what transpired from bbop's perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1