hahahah Kate that's awesome.

Realistically, with the Cubs looking at this like their world series, I think best case for the Sox is 2 out of 3. Go Pirates!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a Roshomon moment:

Article written by JUSTIN EINHORN, STATS Senior Editor on Yahoo:

The White Sox won two of three games when the Cubs visited U.S. Cellular Field in late May, but the series is best remembered for a bench-clearing brawl triggered by Barrett punching Pierzynski. On a play at the plate, Pierzynski knocked over Barrett to score and slapped home plate before moving in Barrett's direction. The Cubs catcher punched him in the face.

Same moment described by David Briggs / MLB.com

The Sox took two out of three from the Cubs in their first meeting, but talk inevitably circles back to the bench-clearing incident. Pierzynski collided with Barrett at home plate and, while walking past him to pick up his helmet, Barrett punched the Sox catcher.

Reminds me of the Katrina incident where white folks carrying groceries are "getting provisions", while black folks carrying groceries are "looting" :yay

It's always interesting to see how two people view the same incident.

Oh, totally...but in this case, they're both accurate. He did knock over Barrett in said collision, did slap the plate, did move in Barrett's direction and (best of all) did get punched in the face. :lol

Oh, totally...but in this case, they're both accurate. He did knock over Barrett in said collision, did slap the plate, did move in Barrett's direction and (best of all) did get punched in the face. :lol

hehehehe we'll see

EDIT: Top 1ST B:1 S:1 O:1

Jermaine Dye singles on a ground ball to shortstop Ronny Cedeno. Scott Podsednik scores. Paul Konerko to 2nd.

Top 1ST B:3 S:1 O:1

A. J. Pierzynski singles on a ground ball to right fielder Jacque Jones. Paul Konerko to 3rd. Jermaine Dye to 2nd.

Top 1ST B:2 S:2 O:2

Juan Uribe singles on a line drive to left fielder Phil Nevin. Paul Konerko scores. Jermaine Dye scores. A. Pierzynski to 2nd.

Time for the baby fish to show the world what we're all about and sweep the sox!

Jim Leyland would appreciate seeing that....

Dear Cubs,

What the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK? Are you kidding me? Three blown leads? Why can't you win a fucking game. I don't care if you win all your other games, just beat the god damned White Sox in a game where you lead three times. Is that so much to ask? I never really wanted to root for you when I moved here, but I'm open to it if you give me reason to. But if you can't beat my #1 teams divisional rival, then there is no chance.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Sincerely,

Not a fan, you fucking....what the fuck?

Dear Cubs,

What the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK? Are you kidding me? Three blown leads? Why can't you win a fucking game. I don't care if you win all your other games, just beat the god damned White Sox in a game where you lead three times. Is that so much to ask? I never really wanted to root for you when I moved here, but I'm open to it if you give me reason to. But if you can't beat my #1 teams divisional rival, then there is no chance.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Sincerely,

Not a fan, you fucking....what the fuck?

:rotfl

But it ain't over.... yet.

Edit: OK, now it's over. And the great cub nemesis, AJ Pierzinski is the hero. Ah, what sweet irony.....

:rotfl

But it ain't over.... yet.

Edit: OK, now it's over. And the great cub nemesis, AJ Pierzinski is the hero. Ah, what sweet irony.....

As far as I'm concerned, it really doesn't matter who the hero was. I'm sure it hurts actual Cubs fans that Pierzinski was the guy, but I think most Tigers fans just want the White Sox to lose, we don't really care how it happens.

Guest baseball bobblehead

when you say "penchant" do you pronounce it like a frenchie "pen-shawn(t)" or do you say it like "pen-chent?"

Guest baseball bobblehead
I always have pronounced it "pen-shant" but I am from the midwest and totally not sophisticated ;)

that's how we say it too, but i was just wondering.