The best way to describe tonight's series of events was posted by a Baltimore fan on the Marlins forum:

"That's so Orioles!"

Marlins down 4 with 2 out. Tied up on back to back home runs.

Then the go ahead run is scored on a hanging intentional walk ball to Cabrera.

A dropped third out to produce two more runs for the Marlins.

It was like a little league game. The consensus is this was the best Marlins game since game 6 of the 2003 NLCS.

Marlins haven't lost a series in a while. Nice to win one on the road. Let's go take a couple from the Empire!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox win a verrry close one; 1 - naught on just a single hit -- homer by Thome in the 7th, thus sweeping the series from the cards.

'nuff said.

You know BB13, you didn't post enough about your trip, Must have been an incredible time. For those like me that have never have done the BB tour -- give....

You know BB13, you didn't post enough about your trip, Must have been an incredible time. For those like me that have never have done the BB tour -- give....

Alright, well we actually decided a few days into the tour (and by we, I mean my friend Louis) that we didn't really want to go to all of those baseball games (he didn't say anything until the third day of the trip), so the only stadiums we went to were Tropicana Field, Turner Field and Yankee stadium, so I guess I'll talk about those three.

Tropicana Field: Doesn't feel like a baseball stadium. It feels all wrong when you are inside. The slanted roof, the seats that are basically screwed onto the wall, the fact that the outfield seats are on wheels, it all makes for a pretty crappy experience, and the team certainly doesn't inspire any sympathy.

However, as a person who has probably attended 100 games in the football/soccer stadium that is Pro Robbie, I can't criticize, as a baseball game feels just as wrong there, although at least it's outside, which to me seems more right.

But Tropicana field does everything else, right to make a game enjoyable. My friend's and I sat in the outfield and watched batting practice (Vladimir Guerrero was launching them about 20 rows up opposite field!), and then moved to our upper deck seats behind home plate. In the upper deck area, we were greeted by $1 hot dogs, something not available to the people down below.

Turner Field: First of all, I want to start off with the actual city of Atlanta. My uncle told me the night before we got there that it's the best city in the country, because nobody is actually from Atlanta there; they all move there. Not sure if I agree with his reasons, but I do have to agree the people of Atlanta are unbelievably nice. We tried to go to the Coca Cola museum before the game, but we also wanted to go see some BP at Turner, so we scrapped the CC thing, and just looked for a place to eat (we had driven 300 miles and didn't eat at all) and found a little pizza place called Rosa's by Georgia Tech. We ended up talking to the owner of the restaraunt (family owned place), and we told him about the trip, and going to the braves game later (I tossed in a few jabs at the braves after they made fun of the Marlins), and he gave us tickets to the 755 Club, which is the nice, expensive area of Turner, so we thanked him, ate our pizza (buffalo chicken. Delicious), and went to the game.

Turner Field is a beautiful stadium, and is really just how a baseball stadium should be. There is so much to do before the game, and there are really no bad seats (we tried out quite a few). We made our way to the club level, and watched the game from the 2nd deck in Right field, watching one of the few Braves victories of the last month. I thouroughly enjoyed the Turner Field, and I wouldn't mind seeing a similar stadium in South Florida in the next few years.

Yankee Stadium: Being such a huge baseball fan, and knowing quite a bit about the history of the game, Yankee Stadium was a great experience for me. Riding the Subway from Queen's, it was packed the whole way with Yankee fans, and when we got to the game, it was a sell out, pretty unbelievable for a thursday at 1 Pm, but then, NYC isn't bound by the rules that govern the rest of the world.

We sat up in the upper deck, and you can hear everything anyone says within the 3 sections to either side of you. I have to say, as moronic as a lot of them are, Yankees' fans are the funniest people in the world.

I just loved the all around atmosphere of a game in Yankee Stadium (despite the idiots booing A-rod two innings after he tied the game with a homer. Why not boo your crap starting pitching and crap bullpen first?). Also, I happily took some abuse for wearing my Marlins shirt, although I had to stop myself from calling a guy a moron for saying Melky Cabrera is better than Miguel Cabrera.

My biggest complaint about Yankee stadium? No yellow mustard. I can't eat a hebrew national dog without yellow mustard. It's just wrong, I tells ya.

I will try to write more about the rest of the trip, but thats some off the top of my head observations about the stadiums we went to.

:wub That was awesome I tell ya. I have never been to any of the three stadiums, though 'Jankee stadium is the obvious one for me.

Do you still feel it was worth it?

:wub That was awesome I tell ya. I have never been to any of the three stadiums, though 'Jankee stadium is the obvious one for me.

Do you still feel it was worth it?

It was totally worth it. I had a great time, although I'm not sure if the other two guys did. One of them I don't think he did because he's just a complainer who had a problem with just about everything we did, and the other because it directly led to his girlfriend cheating on him.

I happily took some abuse for wearing my Marlins shirt, although I had to stop myself from calling a guy a moron for saying Melky Cabrera is better than Miguel Cabrera.

That guy was serious? He was an idiot then.

Sox win a verrry close one; 1 - naught on just a single hit -- homer by Thome in the 7th, thus sweeping the series from the cards.

'nuff said.

Not enough said. That's a hell of a game from Anthony Reyes considering he's only started four games in the major leagues. After the last few games, this gives me a lot to be happy about.

As a Mets fan, even I have to say Yankee Stadium is a great place and should be preserved as a vital part of American history, like Independence Hall or Little Big Horn.

bravesbag.jpg

Yeah, but Atlanta fans might be a little bit spoiled after about a decade and a half of great teams. I'm an Orioles fan, and this is the first year I didn't even bother getting my hopes up at the beginning of the season. I've finally conceded that there's no chance of improvement--ever--until Angelos is long gone.

How bad is it? Well, I've been living in the NY area for about 5 years now and I find myself slowly, inexplicably becoming a Mets fan. The friggin' Mets! That's what you've brought me to, Angelos, you sonofa#$%#@$!!!! :realmad

:lol

Ozzie would be best served remaining low key for a spell. I love the guy but I think his ego is running amok right now.

Oh, and PS, please don't try anymore suicide squeeze bunts for a bit. Thanks Oz :wave

I'm sure sensitivity training will help with that :rotfl . What a joke.

He's the best pitcher ever, with the possible exception of Walter Johnson.

Cy Young played in a completely different era that had pitchers expected to go all nine innings, and even pitch both games of a double header (he did that like 15 times in his career).

Every one of my older relatives whose opinions I respect all say that Sandy Koufax was the best pitcher they've ever seen. Of course, he didn't play long enough to be considered the greatest. But if you had to pick one guy to pitch one game, he'd be my choice.

Every one of my older relatives whose opinions I respect all say that Sandy Koufax was the best pitcher they've ever seen. Of course, he didn't play long enough to be considered the greatest. But if you had to pick one guy to pitch one game, he'd be my choice.

I'd certainly feel confident with Koufax on the mound.

My elder relatives held Bob Gibson in high esteem ... possibly even more so than Koufax, though he was revered as well.

I'd certainly feel confident with Koufax on the mound.

My elder relatives held Bob Gibson in high esteem ... possibly even more so than Koufax, though he was revered as well.

Yup, Gibson was always the other one brought up.

It's all relative to the generation. In my opinion, Greg Maddux, Pedro Martinez and Roger Clemens are 3 of the 10 best pitchers of all time because I've seen them the most.

And you can argue Pedro's top 3 season's rival anyone's ever. He had era's under 2 in the AL in a hitter's park. He was unbelievable.

Guest baseball bobblehead
We also don't know (and probably never will) what the Rocket's used for fuel either.

Just sayin'

yeah. i watched the ESPN Blowjob, i mean, piece on him last night and he sure was skinnier and smaller looking! tall, but definately not as BULKY! i suppose hecould just be getting fat.

So how much, if any, of Atlanta's struggles have to do with losing Leo Mazzoni?

I'd say none. Unless Leo was actually paying the Braves pathetic bullpen.

I'm sure a bunch of you folks would be highly amused to hear me yelling at my TV on a nightly basis.

"JUST THROW F*@@!N STRIKES YOU PATHETIC LOSER!!!! JESUS F*@@!N CHRIST YOU SUCK!!"