Yeah, I wouldn't harp on him too much for the "my country" stuff. Only natural to still feel a strong bond with your birthplace. So long as he doesn't keep using it as an excuse for things when he should know better...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was certainly moronic on his part. As a Sox fan, I hate to see one of our guys say something like that. It is never OK and he should definitely be called on it.

He should be fined and suspended by the team.

Man, the minute that team is under .500 he is going to get absolutely destroyed by the media. You can say whatever you want when you are winning though.

If it's "okay" in his country, shouldn't the media take it to the extreme and refer to Ozzie as a "fag" everytime he does something wrong? Apparently, it's okay with him. If it's okay to use that homophobic epithet, why not?

I've always thought Ozzie was a scumbag as a person, but a great baseball man. After this episode, it's hard for me to even compliment his baseball skills: it'd be about halfway to calling John Wayne Gacy a "sweet-looking clown."

Fucking Billy Wagner.

I knew this series would be bad for the Cardinals (not this bad, but bad). I love them, but they're vastly overrated this year (so far). They've really done nothing against anybody decent all year. Their pitching, as we're all finding out in a sick fashion, has some major holes and probably won't hold up well down the stretch. Couple that with a bottom half of a lineup that has something like four hits all year and you're kind of in some trouble. They'll be fine and they'll end up in the post season, but the AL is ten times stronger than the NL so good luck if they squeak by the Mets and into the series.

Fucking Billy Wagner.

Tell me about it. Props to Reyes on his cycle, tho. :cheers I was at the game and have to say it was an amazing phenomenon to have that whole stadium rockin' and then feel the energy level of the place plummet so quickly. Just about every person out of that place kept mumbling "Billy...Fucking...Wagner..." over and over on the way to their cars. :lol

Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games , went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago.

so since he's your manager that's ok with you sox fans? wow. oz needs to shut the hell up. that's just effin' embarrassing.

so since he's your manager that's ok with you sox fans? wow. oz needs to shut the hell up. that's just effin' embarrassing.

Did any of us Sox fans say it was OK with us?

Guest baseball bobblehead
Looks like the Red Sox may have found a real thing with this Jon Lester. :pray

he's not going to get sent down though, with the aquisition of that new guy yesterday?

he's not going to get sent down though, with the aquisition of that new guy yesterday?

Johnson will be the fifth starter. But Tito "promised" all the young dudes who're in the biggies now that they won't be sent down.

Did any of us Sox fans say it was OK with us?

so what's a proper punishment then? i mean, we don't want to ruin their season or anything. fine him? make him apologize on oprah? what? that's it, he should call up all his gay friends and invite them onto oprah and apologize, how about that?

do the sox need any help in the bullpen?, because i don't think john rocker is busy right now. he'd fit right in.

Guest baseball bobblehead
Johnson will be the fifth starter. But Tito "promised" all the young dudes who're in the biggies now that they won't be sent down.

so i shoudln't pick him up for my fantasy team then, if he's not going to be a starter?

do the sox need any help in the bullpen?, because i don't think john rocker is busy right now. he'd fit right in.

You beat me to it. :P It would be a brilliant PR move to have someone else act as a lightning rod for all the attention...

You beat me to it. :P It would be a brilliant PR move to have someone else act as a lightning rod for all the attention...

yeah, because ozzie can't be distracted, he's winning ballgames you know. as long as he's winning, he'll just be that crazy venezuelan dude. that ozzie's a craaaazzzyyyy guy. he's...craaaazzzyyyy.....

go sox!