• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could get one wish. . . . . .

2006-07-06.jpg

Yes, I can.

In other news, Thome went yard with the bases loaded.

Wow, White Sox fans must have some terrific Kool-Aid.

Fransisco Liriano is leading the league in ERA, striking out 10.5 per nine innings, and has 9 wins.

Travis Hafner has 24 home runs, and 70 rbi, good for 3rd in the league. He is hitting all of .007 points lower than Pierzinski, with a .90 advantage in OBP.

There is no world where either of those guys is not an all star and AJ Pierzinski is.

You can't honestly tell me he deserved it over those two, can you?

Yes, I can.

In other news, Thome went yard with the bases loaded.

A.J. - 87/267 32 5 28 0 .326

Hafner - 86/270 67 24 70 0 .319

I'm sure having one more hit in three fewer at bats makes up for 35 fewer runs, 19 fewer home runs and 42 fewer RBI.

There is no world where either of those guys is not an all star and AJ Pierzinski is.

Granted, there is a little droit de seignor in the voting, but tell me that its right that basically the rest of the starting lineup from "fan voting" is either on the Yankees or Red Sox.

The system is screwed up, clearly.

Granted, there is a little droit de seignor in the voting, but tell me that its right that basically the rest of the starting lineup from "fan voting" is either on the Yankees or Red Sox.

The system is screwed up, clearly.

Yes, and AJ is another example of this screw up.

And you are going to complain when the White Sox got 7 All Stars?

And you are going to complain when the White Sox got 7 All Stars?

Not at all -- but remember, AJ is the only one that was voted on by the fans. Guillen et al picked the other 6. Of them, Contreras and Buherle are not as deserving.

As for Hafner, how many first basemen/dh should the squad take? It's a bit deep there.

You're right. Only so many 1B/DH should make the squad. Which is why Paul Konerko should have been passed over for Hafner. Hafner and Thome are the best hitters in the AL and it isn't even really close. Hafner is by far the biggest snub of the year.

I'd like to hear a good reason why Pierzynski is more deserving than, say, Victor Martinez also.

Edited by MrRain422
Not at all -- but remember, AJ is the only one that was voted on by the fans. Guillen et al picked the other 6. Of them, Contreras and Buherle are not as deserving.

Contreras is definetly deserving. Beurhle probably shouldn't be on the team.

Guillen also said that if anyone else on the AL squad gets hurt, that Joe Crede gets the spot. I mean, come on.

I'd say Crede is much more deserving than AJ. Or Buerhle.

Guillen also said that if anyone else on the AL squad gets hurt, that Joe Crede gets the spot. I mean, come on.

As I said, droit de seignor . However, when the team wins the world series the prior year, it should be well represented.

Keep in mind that Buehrle was selected before the Cubs game, when he was 9-4 with a 3.22. AJ is probably fourth or so on the list of catchers that should be taken. The only argument for Konerko over Hafner is that he actually plays the position in question. Obviously if you use that criterion Thome and Ortiz are put into question. You could make a case that Giambi should've been taken over Konerko as well. Is he being frozen out? Crede should be on the team over Glaus.

You're right. Only so many 1B/DH should make the squad. Which is why Paul Konerko should have been passed over for Hafner. Hafner and Thome are the best hitters in the AL and it isn't even really close. Hafner is by far the biggest snub of the year.

I'd like to hear a good reason why Pierzynski is more deserving than, say, Victor Martinez also.

Agree with the first part.

For the second part, how bout cuz I could steal off of Victor. Yankees were 6 for 6 last night.

Actually, I'd still take Victor.

Edited by parisisstale

A little trivia nugget for anyone who wants to feel good about their team...

In order to be on track with where we were last year at this time, the Royals would have to lose the next consecutive 30 games.

Yeah. I don't even know what to do with that information. I'm just glad we seem to be turning around. And wow, I knew we were abysmal last year, but a smoldering ruin? Yikes.