• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scored 100%. There was a dead giveaway for most: the quotes with sophisticated language or complex grammatical structures were Hitler's. No surprise.

The fact that there is a quiz comparing Coulter and Hitler even out there...pretty much solidifies my hypothesis that 90.43% of the people posting things on the internet are nuts. I take great comfort in that...and that we hit our weekly quota of at least one mention of both Hitler AND Coulter in one post. That's efficiency.

So are we to infer that no one should ever be compared to Hitler in any way ... even when such comparisons may be apt, such as in the case of eerily similar quotations?

Please instruct us, oh wise one.

I got 4 wrong.

The pattern seemed to be: generalism = Coulter, specific example = Hitler. But there were exceptions. Hitler mostly comes off as more thoughtful and better-informed than Coulter. No surprise there.

So are we to infer that no one should ever be compared to Hitler in any way ... even when such comparisons may be apt, such as in the case of eerily similar quotations?

Please instruct us, oh wise one.

Compare away and have fun. I just find it funny how at the same time she's lambasted, she's continually made relevant here. Coulter is a wackjob...a wackjob who only gets more exposure on FOX than here.

Better yet, that anybody would put her in the same league of political relevancy as Hitler...even in jest. That and the fact that Godwin's Law is sooo true:

Godwin's Law (also Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is, in Internet culture, an adage originated in 1990 by Mike Godwin that states:

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one. This adage was formulated because many people compare anyone and anything they mildly dislike with Hitler. There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.

:lol

There is a tradition in many Usenet newsgroups that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.

I disagree -- I say it's like a nuclear first-strike scenario. Whoever drops the "N" bomb first wins.

Usenet? Isn't that like 20th century discussion technology?

Compare away and have fun. I just find it funny how at the same time she's lambasted, she's continually made relevant here. Coulter is a wackjob...a wackjob who only gets more exposure on FOX than here.

Better yet, that anybody would put her in the same league of political relevancy as Hitler...even in jest. That and the fact that Godwin's Law is sooo true:

:lol

I do agree that the Hitler comparison has become the clich

The thing about Hitler comparisons is that they try to make someone look bad by their association with Hitler even if they lack the qualities that made Hitler bad.

i took it last night after a bit o'wine and i got like the first 8 right then most of the rest wrong. i also didn't have my reading glasses on, which have become my new best friend.

Oh, and I love all the posts above -- Godwin's law :rotfl

Then why bother using them?

Coulter only lacks some of the qualities that made Hitler bad, mainly the homocidal anti-Semitism. She still is a fucking disgrace to liberals and conservatives alike. Although you'd think that ingnorant, hate-filled invective posing as political commentary (that both she and Hitler have spewed) would be marginalized by decent society, somehow she's embraced by a good portion of Americans who presumably think of themselves as good people. The mind boggles. :hmm

Yeah, she only lacks the qualities that make Hitler the first person that comes to mind when you think of evil. And I don't see anyone here complaining about the political commentary of Michael Moore or Noam Chomsky.

I don't see anyone here complaining about the political commentary of Michael Moore or Noam Chomsky.

Why don't you go ahead and start. When you find something in their commentary that's anywhere close to being as hateful or extreme as Coulter's everyday ravings, you let us know.

Guest Jules

Say what you want about Ms. Coulter, but this is dead on in my opinion...

"Here the liberal's procedure is as follows: He approaches the worker, simulates pity with his fate, or even indignation at his lot of misery and poverty, thus gaining his confidence...With infinite shrewdness he fans the need for social justice, somehow slumbering in every American man, into hatred against those who have been better favored by fortune..."

Why don't you go ahead and start. When you find something in their commentary that's anywhere close to being as hateful or extreme as Coulter's everyday ravings, you let us know.

Chomsky:

I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system.

The Bible is one of the most genocidal books in history.

If the United States was conquered by the Russians, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Elliott Abrams and the rest of them would probably be working for the invaders, sending people off to concentration camps. They're the right personality types."

Moore:

I like America to some extent.

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the revolution, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow - and they will win.

We need to change our ethic and aspire to be more Canadian-like.

Should such an ignorant people lead the world? How did it come to this in the first place? 82 percent of us don't even have a passport! Just a handful can speak a language other than English (and we don't even speak that very well.)