Sound clips of Dylan's new album...

ah, why did you include under the red sky?

LOL!!!

For one, Born in Time!!!

Under the Red Sky

God Knows

Cats in the Well

even Wiggle Wiggle

I wish Daniel Lanios had produced it though.

Did you ever see Bob look out into the front rows and notice some young children and play Under the Red Sky to them?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, why did you include under the red sky?

Amen. It's as bad or worse as Down in the Groove. The only weaker Dylan studio LPs are Empire Burlesque and UCK. Er, UCK. Sorry, I can't say it without gagging on my tongue: the one that came out in 1986 and has Brownsville Girl on it. Oh, shudder...

Amen. It's as bad or worse as Down in the Groove. The only weaker Dylan studio LPs are Empire Burlesque and UCK. Er, UCK. Sorry, I can't say it without gagging on my tongue: the one that came out in 1986 and has Brownsville Girl on it. Oh, shudder...

Come on, give Grandpa Bob a break...at that time he had grandkids running around everywhere he looked.

Down in the Groove--

When did you leave heaven--a tribute to the great Henry "Red" Allen

Silvio (w/ Robert Hunter)

Ugliest girl in the world (ditto)

Shenandoah

Rank Strangers to me

Knocked out loaded--

You wanna ramble

Driftin' too far

Brownsville girl

Under your spell

I'll agree that Knocked out was his weakest release of his own doing...but there are still some good songs on it.

actually, now that i think about it, born in time should've been on oh mercy. it's on an outtakes cd i have.

Yeah, I like that version better. It's just like Mississippi, Bob wanted a diff sound than Lanios'. Or maybe he just didn't want to release all the best tracks to piss people off...

Wasn't it Jim Keltner who said he was floored when TOOM came out and Girl from the Red Shore had been omitted from the track listing? He said something in an interview a couple years later that it was one of the best songs Dylan ever wrote. If that's the case, it'll surface in the years/decades to come, that's for sure.

I like Rank Strangers and Brownsville Girl from the two late '80s duds. UtRS has a few saving graces, but it's mostly substandard by far.

Wasn't it Jim Keltner who said he was floored when TOOM came out and Girl from the Red Shore had been omitted from the track listing? He said something in an interview a couple years later that it was one of the best songs Dylan ever wrote. If that's the case, it'll surface in the years/decades to come, that's for sure.

I like Rank Strangers and Brownsville Girl from the two late '80s duds. UtRS has a few saving graces, but it's mostly substandard by far.

definatley! depending on the commerical success of this new album (which I can't imagine it being anything less than outstanding) i'm sure we'll see much more officialy released material. Post TOOM gave us Live '66 show...and post L&T gave us Live '75, Live '64, NDH Soundtrack and the NDH Documentary and Chronicles Vol. 1 as well! (granted it was quite a long gap). So if this album sells favorably we might see another huge outpouring in the years to come...or at least when the man finally croaks (god forbid)

i'm still holding out for a Complete Basement Tapes Session and a Complete Freewheelin' Sessions... or another installment of the bootlegg series set up just like vol. 1 - 3 I thought Vol. 7 (NDH Soundtrack) was decent but lacked...I realize they could only go up to '66 but theres more than a few overlooked gems that didn't make it on there...

anyone a huge fan of empire burlesque besides me? the production kinda sucks but the songs are great

Yeah, I think that album is full of great songs. The production does suck, which is too bad. Did you ever hear the Dark Eyes that Bob and Patti Smith shared voals on during the Paradise Lost Tour of Dec 95? Whoa!

aww, leave UTRS alone... i have a real soft spot for it. its nothing special but it has a nice feel. the way God knows fades out before it should is quite careless, though

i tried listening to Empire last weekend. i made it through 2 songs and then put the outtakes on instead :lol

Pfah! UTRS is weak. The best songs translate better live than on the record.

Okay, I'm loaded and keep spinning the Modern Times preview MP3 ad nauseam. If anybody gets an advance of this record, I will pay you in blood for a crappy MP3 copy.

Just puttin' it out there...

what what i've heard/read it'll de damn impossible for it to leak. bob's really keeping it quiet. it'll be interesting on the next tour, since the album comes out during the tour. will he not playing anything at all from the album until the following tour, or will he start playing new songs on the release date

what what i've heard/read it'll de damn impossible for it to leak. bob's really keeping it quiet. it'll be interesting on the next tour, since the album comes out during the tour. will he not playing anything at all from the album until the following tour, or will he start playing new songs on the release date

i'm seeing him on the sat. before his album comes out than the friday after it comes out. I'll be excited to compare and contrast....

semi related I pilgrimaged to the Rock and Roll hall of fame this weekend for the dylan exhibit. It was so awesome....

I also finally picked up SAVED. I don't know how I ever lived without it!!! :rock

this might be incredibly random but theres two things I'd like to ask.

1. does anyone know if the song "money blues" from desire circulates (and if it does and someone has their hands on it could it be posted?)

2. does someone have the dylan version of "I Can't Get you Off My Mind" from the hank williams tribute disc that they could post?

you'd help me out immensley!

thanks so much

this might be incredibly random but theres two things I'd like to ask.

1. does anyone know if the song "money blues" from desire circulates (and if it does and someone has their hands on it could it be posted?)

2. does someone have the dylan version of "I Can't Get you Off My Mind" from the hank williams tribute disc that they could post?

you'd help me out immensley!

thanks so much

To answer part of your question, I just found a new torrent "The Desire Sessions" on Oink. Its in FLAC format and it includes "Money Blues." I'll download it and I'll send the track to you (or post a link here if anyone else would like to hear it) at some point tomorrow. Either way is fine with me.

~Aaron

To answer part of your question, I just found a new torrent "The Desire Sessions" on Oink. Its in FLAC format and it includes "Money Blues." I'll download it and I'll send the track to you (or post a link here if anyone else would like to hear it) at some point tomorrow. Either way is fine with me.

~Aaron

god bless your soul!!! thanks so much. I've been looking for that track for quite awhile... What does the rest of the session contain? Abandoned Love, CatFish, Golden Loom, Rita May? Anything else unaccessible on official release like Sign Language? or Wire Tappin'?

Edited by Is Chicago Is Not Chicago
Whose blood?

Here's an answer that I think will please nearly everybody here: Jay Bennett's.

Could I be so bold as to beg a copy of Money Blues for myself?