Ladies and Gentlemen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottHoward
Tip and the Beasties performed together a few times on that tour. That's why I remember so vivrantly not seeing them together - I was waiting/hoping for it.

Actually, I missed ATCQ's set, due to traffic. Maybe it happened then...

Frankly, this sounds made up.

Cheeky.

Back to the original subject, Tip did indeed perform w/ the Beasties when I saw them. It was awesome.

See this is the kind of thing that got me so excited that day.

Two crystal clear moments from that day:

1- Being stuck in traffic on the highway along with hundreds of other Lollapaloozers, stoned in the hot sun blaring Sly's "I Want To Take You Higher", two miles an hour (so everybody sees you)

2- Sweat-and-dirt-caked, standing in the pit at the front of the stage, as the Beastie Boys toyed with the crowd halfway through 'Sabotage': silent, staring out at us, laughing-- then Yauch up and kills that fuzz bassline and the world explodes. We went home after that. Fuck a smashing punkin.

I know what I saw and i'm sticking to my story. I also saw a dude on acid or something plant a Doc Martin onto some poor girl's face two rows up for us, resulting in a swarm of guys, including myself, bum rushing the guy until security game and grabbed him.

Plus, that picture of the jewish girl reminded me how dissapointed I am that there are no known nudes of that underage jewish girl that turned getting banged by Jerry seinfeld into a lucrative business designing purses or swimsuits or whatever.

Guest ScottHoward

I was at Lollapalooza in '92 and saw a guy get the business end of Doc Marten square in the back which caused him to go ass over tea kettle down the lawn at The World.

Also saw some cat get a drilled with a hollowed out canteloupe filled with piss.

Howard Dean was there, smoking drugs.

Not true. You met him at Otto's, but sparks didn't fly.

That's right! He didn't seem as magical in person as I thought he would. Then again, I was going pretty gay for the Aluminum Brothers or whatever and wanted to get backstage to get them to sign my right buttcheek and maybe, fellate one of them while they played songs on their iPod. Please apologize to him for me.

Damn. Lollapalooza, in it's prime, was a whole mess of fun. That effing sod fight during Ministry that Ron brought up a while back, was still one of the most amazing things i've ever seen. Pure bedlam.

2- Sweat-and-dirt-caked, standing in the pit at the front of the stage, as the Beastie Boys toyed with the crowd halfway through 'Sabotage': silent, staring out at us, laughing-- then Yauch up and kills that fuzz bassline and the world explodes. We went home after that. Fuck a smashing punkin.

Now that blows me away. Q-Tip controversy aside, I have just been told by the guy who took me that we were indeed in RI, and since I too was up front for the Beasties, we were extremely close to one another 12 years ago.